Note to New Members ×

Is it just me, or is David Blaine Annoying to everyone else?

tex1230

I'm wondering if his 'fishbowl' gimic is actually conditioning for the final stunt. (this is a stunt, not magic in my opinion) Does anyone know if being so completely marinated in highly oxygenated water could artificially extend his ability to hold his breath? Also, hasn't there been R&D work done towards developing 'breathable' liquids? I wouldn't be surprised if this were the plan... for him to 'drown' before our eyes while really breathing liquid for a short while.

they were making fun of him on Comedy Central all day. Colbert Report, Daily Show, you name it...it was awesome.

And actually, there are breathable liquids under research for quite awhile now, but they can only be made in relativley small quantities, like...not enough to fill his gay fishbowl stunt. I saw the breathable liquids on the Science Channel about a year ago. A scientist dropped a mouse in a large graduated cylinder of the stuff and the mouse freaked out holding its breath and then it just started breathing! It was AMAZING. It's primarily being developed for deep sea diving as a way to avoid the bends. SUPER cool stuff.

________

DODGE RAM SRT-10 HISTORY

I got to witness some clinical trials of Perflubron-pretty cool, but it doesn't help much if you have advanced ARDS(adult respiratory distress syndrome)..

so it hasn't been approved :mad:

Yes, David Blaine pisses me off...hold your breath 9 minutes?

How 'bout Japanese pearl divers-15+minutes and they're actively swimming

did you guys see him just about black out tonight? intense and scary! i like the whole mental thing he brings to it, although maybe he overdoes it. 99% of the population wouldn't even consider doing the endurance stunts he does, so give him some respect.

they said liver damage and skin rashes. Skatha, why liver damage? would you agree with Blaine's personal physician this stunt was "insanely pushing his body to the edge." think there will be any perm. damage? how long will it take for him to fully recover?

ps re: Japanese pearl divers, there is some type of relationship b/w diving and lung capacity, i'm not a free diver (totally nuts) but perhaps someone can comment on the relationship b/w diving and oxygen needed

ps re: Japanese pearl divers, there is some type of relationship b/w diving and lung capacity, i'm not a free diver (totally nuts) but perhaps someone can comment on the relationship b/w diving and oxygen needed

The deeper you dive, the more you are compressed. This goes for everything in your body, save fluids. So, as you dive, your lungs are compressed as is the air inside them. The Depth is different for everybody, but for me, I hit neutral bouancy around 25 feet, and that takes ALOT of the effort of swimming underwarter away. The other thing is that at about 30 feet (again...for me) its like getting a second breath of air because the air in your lungs is nice and compressed. It almost as cool as th breathable liquids.

Anyway, was that salt water that he was in? If so, how much water was he drinking a day? you would get SOOOO dehydrated if you weren't drinking a huge amount of water...did he sleep?

________

Hawaii marijuana dispensaries

Well, your skin has a natural waterproof capability-soak it for 2 days and those 2 layers(mainly dead cells, filled with keratin) float away and remove some of the ability to maintain electrolyte balance-that's the biggest problem with acute burns-the skin loses it's integrity and you seep serum, filled with all those electrolytes....

Kidney problems, I can see, if he's not keeping up with his fluids, because he's losing alot of them to the water...but I'm not sure about the claims of liver damage. I've seen a bunch of burn patients, ICU patients, multitrauma, etc....and the liver damage seen is usually either a result of direct trauma, drug effects, both self-administered and side effects from meds, or the "shock liver" seen with poor perfusion of shock-usually a very bad sign-and seen very late in the "game"...

You can bump your liver enzymes with stress if you have Gilbert's or Rotor's syndrome(Gilbert's is a benign condition, Rotor's is not)-but that's because of your underlying liver syndrome....

Has anybody seen the movie "The Abyss".

If so, do you remember the scene where they submerge a mouse into the breathable liquid? It was not a trick, it does exist. I'd have to find some references though.

Has anybody seen the movie "The Abyss".

If so, do you remember the scene where they submerge a mouse into the breathable liquid? It was not a trick, it does exist. I'd have to find some references though.

Yes, the liquid is a halogenated hydrocarbon called PERFLUBRON...please see my earlier post