Note to New Members ×

Best of hidden gems - let's hear about them

skategoat

i already mentioned canon. It defintly is a hidden jem. I didn't really know about it till this year. You see the hardbooter poster at the lift ticket counter?

That poster is of me!!!! LOL yeah right...but no, I didn't actually go to the ticket winder at all this year, we always got there wicked early and bought our tix at the ski school because its warm in there ;) (gotta save the cold tolerance for the ride up the peabody!) Oh, and to everyone else thinking of going: Many of my teachers and family members have described Cannon as "That big frozen lump of steep ice? Why whould you want to go there?". So I ask you the same question. You don't want to go there at all, its a big, steep FREEZING cold lump of ice. Well, if you do go there stay on the front five, they're the mellowest trails they have ;) (the really freaking steep ones facing the highway as you drive past). Actually, I would love to see more carvers there, just don't bring your softbooting friends, they seriously wouldn't have a good time there, the park sucks, and it really is a very icy mountain.

________

EXTREME Q VAPORIZER REVIEW

That poster is of me!!!! LOL yeah right...but no, I didn't actually go to the ticket winder at all this year, we always got there wicked early and bought our tix at the ski school because its warm in there ;) (gotta save the cold tolerance for the ride up the peabody!) Oh, and to everyone else thinking of going: Many of my teachers and family members have described Cannon as "That big frozen lump of steep ice? Why whould you want to go there?". So I ask you the same question. You don't want to go there at all, its a big, steep FREEZING cold lump of ice. Well, if you do go there stay on the front five, they're the mellowest trails they have ;) (the really freaking steep ones facing the highway as you drive past). Actually, I would love to see more carvers there, just don't bring your softbooting friends, they seriously wouldn't have a good time there, the park sucks, and it really is a very icy mountain.

I don't know the run name but my favorite trail is the one they have the slalom course on. I saw some guys with a camera there and since the snow was real (unlike wachusett) I was able to get pretty good hold so I made a few low carves. Not as low as I wanted but it was a start. They filmed me :)

Here in Colorado:

Ski Cooper- A really fun, Mom and Pop type ski area. Small, two chairs,but wide open greens and blues, all with an incredibly consistent pitch, and nobody around weekdays.

And of course our little downtown ski area, Howelsen Hill. Really just one short, steep run, but it's a doozy. $5.00 nooner pass weekdays( 11:00 - 2:00) gets you all the poma lifts your crotch can take. Maybe the steepest poma lift anywhere.. but that's another post another time.

forgot about howelsen

it has great pitch and sometimes hardpack that reminds be of the snow of western ME on a slightly crunchy day, great place to puch out a couple turns like I said reminds me of back home away from home

big mountain for sheer amount of terrain and lack of people. blacktail mtn for small out of the way cheap family fun. its also in kalispell mt. IT has untracked groom for days and its still possible to find it at four in the afternoon:biggthump