Note to New Members ×

Laid-over ski carving - an official no-no with CASI?

BlueB

About 2 weeks ago we had really frozen, super fast, corduroy in the morning. Somehow, I got inspired to lay few carves on my skis (nothing special - Head C140, 163cm, 6.8cm waist, 14m scr). As my excitement grew, I was laying them lower and lower, eventually doing full EC - outer leg fully extended, inner leg squatted, bum and hands (no poles) on the side on snow, and not even bothering to stand up between the turns, but just pull-pushing into next one. A total blast (just so much more physically demanding than board, that I wouldn’t choose it as my regular G-fix).

Few times I blasted by a group doing their Level 1 ski instructor thing, without paying too much attention to their exercise.

Next week, a fellow kid’s camp instructor, who was in that group, told me that they saw me laying it over and most of attendants loved the style. BUT, the chief examiner told them that anyone caught skiing “like that” will not pass their exam !?! Apparently not a popular, or common, style.

Now, go figure? I can not...

The PSIA and their, "you must ski the final form" coupled with their robotic lack of imagination 20 years ago is what set the stage for the explosion in popularity of snowboarding.

that is exactly why I became a snowboarder in 1987