Note to New Members ×

2014 - 2015 here we come! Planning ...

Tabatha

Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes

• Vorlage (will be empty)
    • Cascade (cheapest + includes day passes in price)
    • Edelweiss (somewhere new)

I made it to Cascade tonight ... I did one run and left. The hill was shear ice. Looks like we need a little warmer weather and / or sunshine to cut through it. It was NASTY. I also saw people off piste, because it was way too slick for anyone to control direction.

Maybe try posting in the Quebec section, there might be someone close by that could lend you spare parts/bindings.  Sorry to hear, that sucks.  Keep those parts too as Fin might be interested in seeing the damage for R&D.

EDIT: duh, just checked Quebec section and noticed you already did.  Hope you find something!

Pissed and cranky about my TD3's breaking on the first run, I proceeded try and salvage the trip by putting on my brand new, first time on snow, Rossignol Slats, (twin tips) and go have some fun in the trees and the park with my son.  2 hours later, I came up a touch short on a 180 and broke the brakes off of one of the brand new bindings. GAH! 

Not a great first day. Managed to salvage some of it though. Crap ton of fresh POW today helped.

b

Hey folks,

Minor emergency, first run on a four day boarding trip to Ste Anne/ Massif, I broke a toe bale on my TD3's. Anyone know where I can get a replacement in Quebec city? The threading broke inside the mounting casing so I will possibly need one of those as well.

I figure this is a long shot, and I'm going to have to spend the next four days in the park on skis with my son, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Shitty twitter picture included.

@doomsdayskis

Dude! Sorry to hear about that toe bail. Not cool. Did I ride 'em that hard, or did you? :P

• Like 1

Maybe try posting in the Quebec section, there might be someone close by that could lend you spare parts/bindings.  Sorry to hear, that sucks.  Keep those parts too as Fin might be interested in seeing the damage for R&D.

EDIT: duh, just checked Quebec section and noticed you already did.  Hope you find something!

Over $30CAN to ship the toe bale to me. YIKES!

Don't think I'll be shipping the broken one back to him.  Unless he asks.

That sucks ... Why I try and get stuff shipped to places I will be in the US.

In other sucky news; looks like the hills are closed in the evenings now. No more night skiing. Although the interview with Camp Fortune this morning on the CBC said they think they might be open late April / early May just because of the cold weather.

Yup, four with James. I did a lesson with him on Tuesday at MSM, and he's a great rider!

We all have similar wheels; sedans or wagons without roof boxes. We can do two and two or Ben can go lone wolf styles!

I'm up for driving, so who's riding with me?

So... key question: who knows if there's parking on the Soleil side? If the weather is nice, I think it'd be awesome to switch modes to drinking beer on the beautiful deck at the Soleil refuge... it's got a killer view and sun exposure. Then we can stumble down to our cars at the bottom :D

Wheeeeeeee!