Note to New Members ×

2014 - 2015 here we come! Planning ...

Tabatha

Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes

• Vorlage (will be empty)
    • Cascade (cheapest + includes day passes in price)
    • Edelweiss (somewhere new)

Ski Pass 2014-2015

Supporting your local patrol!

Do you ski a lot?

Like to try out different areas?

Need great gifts for family or friends?

Looking for a way to thank employees and clients?

Then you'll LOVE... The Ski Pass

Buying this pass means you are contributing directly to the purchase and maintenance of life saving equipment lWe have partnered with local ski areas to offer the Ski Pass and all funds raised go to support the Canadian Ski Patrol in the Ottawa-Gatineau region. Our volunteer based organisation is dedicated to promoting safe skiing and boarding and providing premier first aid services to skiers and boarders in need. Buy this pass and you are contributing directly to the purchase and maintenance of life saving equipment like defibrillators and backboards in your local ski area and at summer events like BluesFest and the National Capital Marathon.

The Ski Pass is fully transferable and is available in two formats:

• A fully transferable season's pass $500

OR

• A booklet of 20 1-day lift tickets ($500 = $25 a ticket !!!)
  • A booklet of 10 1-day lift tickets ($275 = $27.50 a ticket !!!)

Where can you ski with The Ski Pass?

Mont Cascades - Mont Chilly - Edelweiss Valley - Camp Fortune - Mount Pakenham - <cite title="Only the 1-day tickets may be redeemed at Mont Ste. Marie">Mont Ste Marie**</cite> - Ski Vorlage

**Only the 1-day tickets may be redeemed at Mont Ste. Marie

<small>Waiver Text

I would like to subscribe to The Ski Pass program of the CSP Gatineau Zone for the 2014 - 2015 ski season. I understand that �The Ski Pass� will entitle the bearer to one day or night lift ticket when presented at the ticket office of any of the ski areas listed on the pass. The fully transferable season pass may only be used once per calendar day during the 2014 - 2015 ski season and may not be used at Mont St. Marie. A ticket from the Ski Pass booklet may be used only once during the season. The Ski Pass is fully transferable but may not be resold either for part or all of the season. Any fraudulent use or misrepresentation of the pass will be cause for cancellation of privileges, at the discretion of the Ski Area and/or CSP Gatineau Zone.</small>

Did you make a decison?

I would consider Edelweiss too.

I am going to pay as you go at Cascades for Tuesdays...I was not a big fan and would pick Vorlage over Cascades.

I found Cascades limited in what we carved on a regular basis:

-the steep side was almost always set for gates, sometimes two courses. The ruts combined with the night lighting made it tough riding after the gates were torn down.

-the middle (connecting face) has a deadly slow lift and poor night lighting. The last 100m are flat/uphill

-which leaves 2 runs on the main face. The main run with the corner and flat spot under the lift, and the steeper run to the right. The right side run is nice but that's about it IMHO.

I am considering Pakenham night pass too....

Mike or Ben: are you guys riding there as heavy as previous years?

BRING ON THE SNOW!!

Have you decided yet where you're getting a pass?

Is Pakenham really $195 for a season night pass?! That's crazy.

http://www.mountpakenham.com/programs.php?page_id=25

Have you decided yet where you're getting a pass?

Is Pakenham really $195 for a season night pass?! That's crazy.

http://www.mountpakenham.com/programs.php?page_id=25

I am leaning towards Gatineau Ski Patrol Pass.

I was going to get Pak full pass for $369 plus somewhere in Gatineau at night for another $100.

For $500 I get them all, anytime; including Edelweiss.

I think that's a great deal!!

I am leaning towards Gatineau Ski Patrol Pass.

I was going to get Pak full pass for $369 plus somewhere in Gatineau at night for another $100.

For $500 I get them all, anytime; including Edelweiss.

I think that's a great deal!!

10-4...that's ultimate flexibility! I think I've decided to go back with the herd...or should I say pack, ya, a pack of carvers is more hardcore :freak3::eplus2: I'll pay as I go elsewhere with my ski extreme club discount.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hope to get out next Tuesday night at Cascades.  Will be first time out this year.  Are we ramping up these night sessions or what?!  Looks like it will be cold enough to blow snow and some flurries scattered throughout the week.

Hope to get out next Tuesday night at Cascades.  Will be first time out this year.  Are we ramping up these night sessions or what?!  Looks like it will be cold enough to blow snow and some flurries scattered throughout the week.

Are you going tonight? Is anybody going tonight?

Whoa!!!!!!

Just found this thread! Not trying to hi jack.

Just started my "carving career" after 20+ years on soft boots.

Had no idea that there were any other like minded people in the area. I just never see anyone else doing it.

Peter introduced himself to me at Mont Ste. Marie this past weekend and told me to look up this forum.

Was wondering if there would be room for one more on any weeknight outings this season? Would love some pointers. Its all still so new to me!

Any thoughts, info, suggestions?

Edited by JKarve

JKarve: Welcome to the board! Always room for more of us! Tuesdays are the usual night. Cascades is the location this year.

I think we had close to 20 out one night the year before last.

Hit the "follow this thread" button in the top right corner so you get email updates.

Post when and where if you are riding, most of us do the same on this thread.

Tuesday sessions are usually organized/updated/confirmed etc on this thread too

We have not started this year yet but am hoping this Tuesday is our first.

I will start....I am in for this Tuesday (Jan 20th) night at Cascades.

Anyone else?

Hey guys. Thanks for the warm welcome. I will definitely make it out for a few Tuesday nights before the season ends. Unfortunately work can get in the way. If only snowboarding could somehow become work....hmmmmmm.

Loopback - thanks for the info. I will post when I go. Mostly do weekdays at Mont St Marie. Pretty quiet there. The groom lasts all day.

Hilux- I did buy some gear this fall. I had an old Donek pilot from 2005/2006. It was giving me problems....mostly using the wrong ski boots. Bought an F2 Speedster with td3 bindings and deeluxe track 325 boots. A lot of tweaking to do all at once. Slowly getting there. More experimenting needed. Went with a shorter 163 to hopefully get comfortable on the steeps. In any case I am super excited about this new setup. Complete one track mind whenever I am off the hill.

Can't wait to meet up with some others.

See you soon.