Note to New Members ×

2014 - 2015 here we come! Planning ...

Tabatha

Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you want to ride this winter - your top pick for night passes

• Vorlage (will be empty)
    • Cascade (cheapest + includes day passes in price)
    • Edelweiss (somewhere new)

I'm out for tonight at Cascades. Sunday morning was awesome at Edelweiss, I am going to try Wednesday night there again this week instead.

FYI for all...it is Quebec March break this week but not Ontario. I have no clue how this will impact crowds at Cascades or Edelweiss though.

I'm out for tonight at Cascades. Sunday morning was awesome at Edelweiss, I am going to try Wednesday night there again this week instead.

FYI for all...it is Quebec March break this week but not Ontario. I have no clue how this will impact crowds at Cascades or Edelweiss though.

Quebec March break this week but not Ontario  Uggh, forgot about that. For the record, I'll be at Calabogie all day Friday. 

Quebec March break this week but not Ontario  Uggh, forgot about that. For the record, I'll be at Calabogie all day Friday. 

My son was at Fortune last night and said crowds were smaller than normal.....

The Tremblant webcam has a good sized lineup at 7:50am and those are just the people who have "1st tracks".

I am going to keep an eye on it today/tomorrow before deciding on Friday

webcamMT

My son was at Fortune last night and said crowds were smaller than normal.....

The Tremblant webcam has a good sized lineup at 7:50am and those are just the people who have "1st tracks".

I am going to keep an eye on it today/tomorrow before deciding on Friday

I wouldn't expect night crowds to be crazy during March Break, much like Reading Week, most of the riding is probably done during the day. Tremblant, yikes. I'm not a fan of the crowds there, and I've been a few times over the last few years on Wednesdays in the middle of March, don't know what Friday's going to be like.

Rode Ste-Marie today. Not a ton of fun, really icy. 

Yup. It's always bittersweet when the warm temps and sun come.... makes for not-great conditions. The only thing you can do is try to go once it softens mid-day, and enjoy the rays :D

Hey folks,

Minor emergency, first run on a four day boarding trip to Ste Anne/ Massif, I broke a toe bale on my TD3's. Anyone know where I can get a replacement in Quebec city? The threading broke inside the mounting casing so I will possibly need one of those as well.

I figure this is a long shot, and I'm going to have to spend the next four days in the park on skis with my son, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Shitty twitter picture included.

@doomsdayskis

post-4597-0-76480700-1426525559_thumb.jp

Edited by unitednihilists

Hey folks,

Minor emergency, first run on a four day boarding trip to Ste Anne/ Massif, I broke a toe bale on my TD3's. Anyone know where I can get a replacement in Quebec city? The threading broke inside the mounting casing so I will possibly need one of those as well.

I figure this is a long shot, and I'm going to have to spend the next four days in the park on skis with my son, but if anyone has any ideas, I'd be glad to hear them. Shitty twitter picture included.

@doomsdayskis

That's a bummer...  were you able to source a replacement?  

Yup. It's always bittersweet when the warm temps and sun come.... makes for not-great conditions. The only thing you can do is try to go once it softens mid-day, and enjoy the rays :D

Anyone up for Cascades tomorrow night?  Probably my last chance to get out this season.  Hoping it's warm enough and to have softened up any icy patches that may have developed - possible precip tomorrow too so hoping it's decent out.

Hey folks,

@doomsdayskis

Maybe try posting in the Quebec section, there might be someone close by that could lend you spare parts/bindings.  Sorry to hear, that sucks.  Keep those parts too as Fin might be interested in seeing the damage for R&D.

EDIT: duh, just checked Quebec section and noticed you already did.  Hope you find something!

Edited by Hilux
  • Like 1