dougtreiber

Keystone Carving!

I just wonder,

Why this place is being ignored by CO carvers?

Keystone has some of the nicest slopes in CO. And so far, I have seen maybe two guys carving there...

Can you tell why?!?

Dude, you were not alone........ at least for a little while :D. Nice riding with you. We have done 10 days total in Keystone and it was great. Leaving back to Chicago today :(.

Millen

It was nice carving with you Millen!

Thanks for your advise about diamond stones, already got mine:-)

Back to Keystone - 12/26 to 1/5. From what I see, I guess we need to bring the rock boards :(, but it has been snowing good for the past few days. Hope to have a bit more new snow. I don't believe it'll be any good for the trees, but if only they open the back........ Otherwise, there is always spring break :). 

Millen

Back to Keystone - 12/26 to 1/5. From what I see, I guess we need to bring the rock boards :(

What was open last weekend didn't have too many rocks or grass protruding but it's been warm so it was slightly slushy-soft on top of hardpack. Due to the limited runs open, any trace of cordouroy is gone quickly. A-Basin had less open but better surface, except for multiple hidden ice boulders scattered about.

Thanks! It has been snowing almost constantly in the past few days. More runs open on Keystone site. Most have been epic today - about a foot of new snow ...... :). 

Beat me to it.  Lovey reported 21" this am.  it was dumpin up there yesterday

b.free: why don't people ride keystone?

me: crowds.  if you ride on a weekend, for me, you get maybe 90 minutes.   their uphill capacity

is so great that it floods the trails.

i think the carving at keystone is superb: terrific runs and excellent grooming.  but only midweek.

pc

pcdenver, I usually ride on weekends this season and i would say that is not that bad. For instance, last Saturday was bad, but i could of ride for 10 times on "StarFire" without any problems at all. Sunday was even better, although it was 1 inch of snow on slopes, I was riding until 1pm easily. 

That time of the year  :biggthump . Coming to Keystone on 3/27 and we will be there until 4/6. Hope to see carvers around  :biggthump . After brutally cold January and almost no snow there, totally looking forward to the spring conditions!

Millen

You are kidding, right  :confused: ? Has it been so warm that it iced up so bad? I see snow in the forecast, but not for the coming weekend. Anyway, at least shouldn't be that may rocks as in January  :biggthump .

Not kidding lovey is loosing about an inch of base a day. Temps have been hitting the mid 40's at 11,000 feet. If this keeps up, season is going to end early....

Edited by big mario

Darn it :), from freezing cold and no snow to warm and no snow, I guess, this would be the highlight of my season there ;). Anyway, whatever it is, it's going to better than the hills in Wisconsin anyway.

On the bright side - 5 inches at Keystone last night :)

Yes, I am still here. Were you at Keystone today? I didnt see you, but saw some trenches that most likely were yours ;).

And yes, we are here until Monday - on the slopes until around 1 pm and druving to Denver to catch our plane to Chicago.

Just renewing the topic :). We are coming to Copper 12/28 - 1/2 and then to Keystone 1/2 to 1/8. Hope to see more carvers..... besides Andrey ;) around.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Our prayers for snow might have actually worked, at least for Colorado!

Millen

• Like 1

How are the condtions at Keystone? Hard and scraped off from the holiday crowds? Or okay? I might go there tomorrow 1/6 but only if I get a good report. I have been riding at A basin and it is holding up well both on the groomed runs and off trail.   I will be riding tomorrow at A basin if I get a report about hard and worn down? snow was good at the Basin on Sunday.