Note to New Members ×

Keystone Carving!

dougtreiber

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Back to Keystone - 12/26 to 1/5. From what I see, I guess we need to bring the rock boards :(, but it has been snowing good for the past few days. Hope to have a bit more new snow. I don't believe it'll be any good for the trees, but if only they open the back........ Otherwise, there is always spring break :). 

Millen

Back to Keystone - 12/26 to 1/5. From what I see, I guess we need to bring the rock boards :(

What was open last weekend didn't have too many rocks or grass protruding but it's been warm so it was slightly slushy-soft on top of hardpack. Due to the limited runs open, any trace of cordouroy is gone quickly. A-Basin had less open but better surface, except for multiple hidden ice boulders scattered about.

b.free: why don't people ride keystone?

me: crowds.  if you ride on a weekend, for me, you get maybe 90 minutes.   their uphill capacity

is so great that it floods the trails.

i think the carving at keystone is superb: terrific runs and excellent grooming.  but only midweek.

pc

• 1 month later...

pcdenver, I usually ride on weekends this season and i would say that is not that bad. For instance, last Saturday was bad, but i could of ride for 10 times on "StarFire" without any problems at all. Sunday was even better, although it was 1 inch of snow on slopes, I was riding until 1pm easily. 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How are the condtions at Keystone? Hard and scraped off from the holiday crowds? Or okay? I might go there tomorrow 1/6 but only if I get a good report. I have been riding at A basin and it is holding up well both on the groomed runs and off trail.   I will be riding tomorrow at A basin if I get a report about hard and worn down? snow was good at the Basin on Sunday.