Note to New Members ×

Any, snow left in the New England area ?

Guest Marty

Lucky Quebecers

Mont Ste-Anne in Quebec city had 64 of 64 trails opened last weekend ...and still going on. Last sunday, trails stayed icy up to 10h30 am. I went through a glove, when I touched the snow ( ice ) with my hand.

No problem so far this week since it is still snowing today. Their closing is planned for April 30th, as every year, because of lack of skiers.

Seb:)

As of Tue at Jay and Wed at Killington all major snowmaking trails have edge to edge coverage with no bare spots. (at Killington post storm ungroomed trails did have rare hidden bare spots - East fall awesome no bare - Chute nice freshies but a few bare spots underneath, bottom of Bear Mountain a rare bare spot) Surprisingly turns out they each got about the same amount of snow 8-10" (4-5 wet heavy good base - 4-5 lighter on top)- Although Jay will likely get more over the next day or so...

Groomed trails at Killington should be terrific for carving tomorrow - biggest problem at both mountains is that they have closed key lifts for the season at least for weekdays making access of my favorite trails tough.

Other big problem at Killington today was hoardes of PSIA snowboarders and PSIA tele skiers and English tourists plus a big race- snow was fine but I was finally driven away by the packs - hopefully Thursday will be better crowd wise cause I think the snow will be perfect... and I have a sinking feeling it might be the last great carving day of the season for me

For the weekend I bet Jay would be the best bet for carving

• 2 weeks later...

Killington and Jay are both still open - don't know about anyone else.

Both have bare spots and rapidly diminishing terrain & require walking

As of Friday Killington had bare spots and rocks on Superstar - which normally has good coverage for another couple weeks anyway. My Ride board has been transformed into a rock board.

Jay might get a little snow????

I think I'm done for the season - although my new board is in and perhaps when I get a good look at it I'll have to see if Mammoth or elsewhere has enough snow for new gear -

Guest Marty

Killington is about done... super soft corn / mashed potato moguls. I could not find one place, to make a "nice" turn. There are mud and rocks everywhere. :( They claim 11 trails... its more like 2, superstar and whatever the ( blue ) one next to it is.

I did see one hardbooter on a FS board. ( riding down Superstar ! )