Note to New Members ×

Québec - Eastern Townships Info?

Mark Brown

Mark,

I've never been personally, but have heard excellent things about Orford from many people, and Owl's head is supposed to be great as well. I'm sure you won't be disappointed with either.

Maybe Derf knows something because he is from Quebec.

It's been a while since I went to the Eastern Townships. Here's what I can tell you for these mountains.

Orford: It's where I learned to snowboard. I haven't been there for about 8-9 years. I remember they had enough variety in the slopes, not too many flat sections, some jumps on the sides of the slopes. Lifts were slow, but I thing they changed some recently. I would suggest you check on their website for this. But, like I said, I haven't been there in 8-9 years.

Sutton: Last time I went there was around 6 years ago. They are mostly known for their glades. the glades are mostly bumps and/or expert terrains. When you face the mountain, the glades and steeper trails are mostly towards the left. At the right are easier runs, greens and blues, but they have much less height from top to bottom. It is a beautiful mountain, but the chairlifts are very old and I don't like the layout, because a lot of skating has to be done to go from one part of the mountain to the other.

Owl's Head: I've never been there, but I heard it is a nice quiet family mountain right next to the lake. I've heard it's not too crowded and the conditions are nice, but, like I said, I've never been there.

Mont Glen: never been there, but I think they are a 100% natural snow mountain. I think it is also smaller than the other 3 you mentionned. I've never been there and I don't know anyone who has, so I can't say anything about this mountain.

Hope this helps you out.

Derf

try Orford, Sutton and Owl's Head as Derf said.

I've never been to Mt Glen so I can't recommend it.

timewise from Magog, (Sutton and Owl's Head are approximately one hour)

Orford is very close to Magog. (only 10 or 15 min.)

I once had a pass for Sutton so I prefer going there but Orford and Owl's Head are both worth visiting.

sample those three and return to your favourite for the remainder of your stay.