Note to New Members ×

SKWAL sighting..FS

Bill Boothby

Yep, there are lots of them for sale over there...

http://cgi.ebay.de/Thias-Skwal-Jungle-Mono-Carver-fast-neu_W0QQitemZ8787553723QQcategoryZ22197QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Same brand as the Giraffe, with equally 'unique' top sheet, though much shorter (165cm) and tighter sidecut (8m vs. the 15m of the flying giraffe).

Note the angle on the bindings. I wonder if they actually rode it that way? Isn't the norm 0 degrees on a Sqwal?

I'm going to Germany next week, so I'm going to keep my eye open for equipment. I have to check with the airlines on what I'm allowed to bring back without getting all kinds of extra charges.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The standard binding angles for a Skwal are 87.5 front and 85 rear. They recommend only 4cm distance between heel of the front boot and the toe of the rear boot. There has to be a slight offset for the standard bindings so that the toe bail can be closed.

The Easy Jungle in that size is more of a powder, soft snow, lighter or beginner Skwaller board. I believe they made that model in a 175 or 180, as well. Will have to check my old catalog tonight.

I have a soft copy of the Skwal manual if anyone wants them. Unfortunately, they are too big to attach. If someone wants to post them to a website feel free.

post-440-141842216953_thumb.jpg

post-440-141842216954_thumb.jpg

I spotted this in a friends storage condo. My friend is an expert sandboarder and was given this by the maker...it has never touched sand.

The board is in good shape complete with bindings. we are talking complete package, I don't want to be bothered separating board and bindings.

It goes to the highest posted bid ending one week from now Tues. 8:ooam Pac.Time

I hope this is fair...I have no clue what I have here, so I welcome comment.

No Reserve, No holds barred, anything goes...Let's get ready to rumble!!!

You pay shipping actual cost I package up on my dime, No BS.

Paypal Ok, you pay the 3% ding ( credit card, cash on account,check,whatever, they still get you)

Sorry Jack didn't make it to the "Legends" meet at Donner.

Talked to Jack a few years back at a slalom skateboard race in Hood River.

Jack was the builder of "A Team" sandboards and snowboards back in the day.

Say to him from Bryan of www.oldsnowboards.com

I have one of his early boards in the collection.

"Come out Speedzilla....you can run, but you'll just die tired" :lol:

so how'd this pan out? still nothing from Speedzilla?

believe me...its VERY common for people here to ooh and ahh, and even say "I'll take it" and then just disappear, only to appear a couple weeks later pulling the same **** with another seller or board.

Ive had the same person do the same thing three times to me. "I'll take it" then nothing.

very, very common these days.

It's been almost a week - D-Sub may be right. Wouldn't be the first time. Most sales on eBay require payment in 3 to 7 days.

I never saw Speedzilla's offer (must've sent a PM or I missed it), but there seemed to be other reasonable offers (someone offered $250 + $7.50 for PayPal + Shipping). Perhaps sell to the second highest bidder, or reopen the bidding for one day only, starting at $250?

Time for you to get this thing moved and get back to Spring riding.

I have emailed BB directly regarding the offer. Thought I missed it so spending the $$$ buying Sam B's short coiler that he has listed. Speedzilla's offer was halfway down the first page.

Darren :biggthump

oh..I wasnt saying you were obligated...it did look like the board was taken....

this is way too common here. bummer.

have fun on the coiler!

Thank You Speedzilla for sending the payment so promptly. I will package the Skwal and get it to you Pronto.

I enjoyed the auction. It stirred things up a little, some buttons got pushed,we got to talking.

I know Ebay is one way of doing it, but this was more fun.

Thank you Mr Doyle for hosting this venue.

See ya, BB

PS: It's not the speed that gets you, it's the sudden stops!