Note to New Members ×

Copper race camp

philfell

The ball is rolling on our Copper race camp. Dates are checking in on May 31 and leaving after training on June 7. We will be doing two freeride days, followed by an off snow day, then four days in gates.

Last season went really well. The mountain is closed to the public and the lift will be running for race training only, this means no Joeys to avoid. We also have a semi powder day last year.

Prices will be $700 for lodging, lift tickets, training space, coaching, video anaylsis, athletic club access, and rad fun. You will be on your own for food, but our condos will have a full kitchen for cooking and there will be some restaurants open at the Copper base area. If you are a Colorado local and do not need lodging contact me for prices without lodging.

This is a camp focused on race training, but is benificial for anyone with hardbooting experience who wants to get to that next level. Coaches will be myself and Jeff Archibald (former US alpine world cup coach, 2006 Olympic SBX coach, and all around snowboard guru). If the numbers warrent another coach I have one on the waiting list (with holding name, but trust me this person is legit).

Phil-

It was good to see you at Lake Placid. Please keep me in the loop on this camp, as I am cancelling my USASA Nationals Plans. if you have an email list, please add me to it: neilsunday@aol.com

Myself and another guy are very interested in training with you at Copper.

Thanks-

Neil

what happened? I was hoping to finally meet up with you...

Wish I could attend, but couldn't once again. Leitner-Poma lift factory just called me and asked me to come back to do constructions for 5 gondolas, one fixed grip, and one detatchable lift. Looks like its gonna be a very busy summer. Too bad I can't use that paycheck for this camp. Maybe next time when my schedulin' permits.

• 2 weeks later...

Arch and I are in Tahoe for the USASA Nationals right now. I'll get back to you next week when thing quite down with all the details.

SBX racers take note, we are currently trying to get a SBX skills camp while we are there as well. I'll keep everyone posted on how things unfold.

• 2 weeks later...

I was saving up some money to head out to Copper for the camp, but my work wants to send me out to Hawaii for 6 weeks to learn another language.:( I think I'm going to have to hit up the paid working vacation and go back to the islands this summer. But I'd love to get some training time in this winter, even if it would be part time while I work! Have fun at Copper, I'll be wishing I was there.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry to kind of abandon my own thread, but I wanted to get some extra details sorted out with Copper before I posted more about it.

Originally Arch and I wanted to include an SBX skills portion into our camp, but right now it does not look like it will be a reality. So our camp will be PGS focused only. We are planning on doing two days of freeriding drills and four days in gates.

Divebomber, if you only want to come for a day we can make that happen. Email me and I can give you a price philip.fell@lycos.com.

• 3 weeks later...