Note to New Members ×

Cap board repair question.

dano

I just got some bindings for my rock board and noticed this nasty gap between the cap and sidewall right at my front heelside.

I was planning on cleaning out the small debris, filling it with 2 part epoxy or marine tex and clamping it.

Or maybe just ride it til it splits apart....

Any better ideas?

post-182-141842216177_thumb.jpg

Those bindings look like plastic death!

I actually have a set of those exact bindings.... I've snapped/cracked several boards, but never broken the plastic bits of the binding; I have broken a couple of the wire bit of the bail, but never the plastic bit.

The bindings actually have a better thought out toe clip than most other bindings, because the toe clip clips on the wire of the binding and locks. It doesn't rely on the leverage against the boot (which IMHO is a poor design idea) like the snowpros and the older TDs and cateks. So you don't get that release on jumps and compression (which i used to get with other bindings).

That said, I now have some fancier bindings in USA waiting for me, but my plastic fantastics have done me proud for about 200 days without breakage of the plastic bits themselves.

;-)

Old oxygens I think they are, or could be fristchis; same same.

The plastic death thing, that is.

Thanks again for the bindings paappraiser, fit the bill to perfection. Even matches the board brand.

Good call, kipster...amazing id with a limited photo.

I never saw this kind of toe bail latch before...aka the toe clip locks to the bail itself instead of the boot. Seems like a great idea...doesn't munch on the boot like my cateks.

ALso thanks for the epoxy and heating tips. I will try it.

ds

post-182-141842216463_thumb.jpg