Note to New Members ×

Hardbooters skis ?

LeeW

i skied originally but now i ski only when i have to teach someone else how to ski. My skis are fake, wannabe carving skis. the first skis i ever bought some cheap rossis that came in a package at MVP sports with boots. Total crap. Now i have those same exact skis with mountain dew topsheet. They are the crappiest giveaways ever. But i still love them and they do get me down the hill. I'm defintly in the market for some SL skis.

I was in Jackson Hole a few weeks ago and wanted to rent skis that would work in the deep powder and also give me some measure of control on the NASTAR course. I was going to try the Metrons but was talked into the Head Monster 88s. It's a great ski. It floated in the powder and carved beautifully! There isn't a lot of visible sidecut but I believe the radius is 16.8m. Pretty respectable.

I mentioned in a few posts above that I'm selling some Atomic GS 9.20 skis. You can't tell it but I'm on them in this photo.

r0y0ee.jpg

For the UPZ, Can you not just leave in the module for DIN or do you have SI bindings?

As for line, there have been a few go on ebay recently, look like a good boot fo r the price they are going for + you have the raichle quality

well, i had the toe piece replaced and use the ski module with t-nuts bolts. Haven't tried that particular toe in snowboarding, tho i dont see a problem with it (thanks to D-Sub). The heel module's the one im switching often -- DIN and SI are two different things, which I possess.

With my daughter this last weekend. With complete rental gear, Just on the beginner, beginner hill and half the time backward, but it was kind of fun. Got me to thinking about trying some a more serious setup but the truth is I was never a very good skier anyway.

:smashfrea

Quote "but the truth is I was never a very good skier anyway." carvedog

Hey, I'm a terrible skier, I just happen to be able to carve and that's what counts on the new skis. It's just like linking endless heelside turns. Forget all you ever learned about skiing and just carve like you do on the board. Most skiers seem to have all kinds of problems learning to carve, mainly because they don't understand what a carved turn actually is or feels like.

BobD

Dave - I've been looking at those as an option - do you use the Pro, Cross, or Rampage?

I was looking at the rampage but can't seem to find them in my size this late in the season.

I use the pro model with a thermo flex liner. I found the factory liner's tounge which has a hard plastic outer layer to be too tall and seemed to be blocking my rear leg. The thermo flex took care of that issue. I'm also using the soft tounge at the moment but was also ok with the stiffer one. I weigh 165 and the boot works well for me.