Note to New Members ×

Powder Thursday 3/2.

EZE

Looks to be a sunny cord Wednesday clouding up to a powdery Thursday morning. Very cold every morning from now till then. Sunday was one run=frostbite, about 5-6 inches ungroomed spots and 2-3 over groomed areas, nice but very cold. Anyone want to come ride on Thursday, Paul's in with no wife so he'll be there 8:45 ready to go first chair=first runs.

Eric

EZE saw ya from the chair in the slow bowl after the thaw out... Your partner on the Free heal stick kicks A##. How do you carve bumps with one stick and two poles??? Thats cool. I'm still tryin to recruit more for 3/2. Bob J. you should flex the big Bomber muscle and get some of the WA WA chusett crew to join us. We are just over the border.

Paul

This is a great crew, we just make you go first then chase the crap out of you.

No joke, local guy blew out of a turn on Goose Bumps Friday, skier's right, over the snow berm into the trees with helmet, landed the DART in the third lot and eveyrthing pulled the plug Sat, Speed+Tree=Vegie. I heard that they were there for the TGIF corp ski race, had raced and were linking high speed fig. 8s and one clipped the other and bye bye. 44 years old :( . I cruised it on Sunday but I couldn't see anything with all the POW in my face.

Eric

I here ya on the tree thing! I had a run in with a tree earlier this season...the tree won! Luckily for me nothing broken, but my ego. I'm a little gun-shy of heel-side turns this season because it was my right thigh/front leg(goofy) that took the brunt of the impact. And my confidence is down a bit, so I'm a little leary about the whole group ride thing too. We'll see.

Guest DancesWithTrees
Looks to be a sunny cord Wednesday clouding up to a powdery Thursday morning. Very cold every morning from now till then. Sunday was one run=frostbite, about 5-6 inches ungroomed spots and 2-3 over groomed areas, nice but very cold. Anyone want to come ride on Thursday, Paul's in with no wife so he'll be there 8:45 ready to go first chair=first runs.

Eric

It was great to meet you today EZE! We'll get out and ride toghether before the end of the season. If we get any serious powder though on thursday i'm headed to home base Rugged Ragged for glades riding. I have to keep up my reputation and all. We'll get it together for carving, and I can meet some of the other guys. By the way, we earn so many comp passes for friends based on clinics attended and lessons taught and all that kind of stuff. So having taught about 20 staff clinics I should have access to a fistfull of passes if we make it sound like hosting a club group OK.

Looking forward to meeting the rest of you in the gang as well

DWT

The person that died after hitting a tree at Sunapee on Friday, Mark Parris was a friend of ours. He was an avid and competent skier taking winters off from work to ski. He was in general a fine athlete and also a terrific person. My husband is somewhat shell shocked as this is his second friend to die skiing in less than 2 years. Somewhat alarming - I do not believe Parris was going at a high rate of speed when he crashed. What we understand to have happened is that he was on lower blast and saw a good pal of his teaching a class - and in classic Parris style went to goof on his pal by running over his skiis then looked back to see the results of his silliness, lost control and crashed into a tree. He died at DHMC that night. Due to the rapid and competent resuscitative efforts of Sunapee patrol and DHART he was able to donate all of his transplantable organs.

Despite above I am most likely in for riding on Thursday :) - svcs are Sunday and I can't go anyway. I will do my best to not be morose or timid (I keep thinking of Parris going off the edge when I am near the side of the trail - ugh) -

can't stay for after :(

TT I will bring the boots...

Also have Eric's board and Bob's bindings to return ...

Kathy sorry for the loss of your friend, my info came second hand Monday morning, you had specifics, life still sucks, but other then dying from too much sexs,drugs, and rocknroll theres no other way I'd want to go. But I'm on a death march anyway.

Snow showers tonight 1-2 inches and clearing by monring. Wednesday clouds up in the afternoon and begins snowing early Thursday morning into late Thursday night. Most snow similar to last Sat storm should be to the south less to the north and Sunapee falls in the 3-6 range.

No after session at my house, I'm sure you're all going to want to start your communtes home as soon as we're done riding, and unless it warmer my house is too small for all your egos.

Eric