Note to New Members ×

Kessler...that good?

Guest dragonsword5

Sean I have to disagree with you on the bonding issues. You may have had this problem, but I have yet to see a Kessler or titinal Tomahawk delam. Also ski companies use this material in thier race skies and they don't have a delam problem. I have seen many titinal boards snap though, but this is a different issue than bonding. Also I've ridden boards with titinal/rubber/carbon and they do ride very well, better than simply fiberglass. The new shape of the Kesslers is a huge part of their sucess, but material DO make play a big part as well. Don't give up on titinal and rubber yet please.

The camber profile and the huge amount of taper, means that these boards don't like to finish turns. They are designed to make turns down the fall line. This is something that many freecarvers don't want in a board.

Phil,

How much is huge? Fish-like 3cm? More?

I too noticed all the Kessler's out there.

They sure were fun to watch.

Sean, Phil, thanks for taking the time to comment.

I picked up one of Tyler's discard Tomahawk's last summer and have been mixing it in with my Doneks at this year's races. Got to say the Tomahawk is more user friendly through the ruts, but that is most likely due to the little bit larger waist width. I haven't given up on the Donek, just trying to size up the course in advance and pick the right tool for the job.

It's all fun!

The camber profile and the huge amount of taper, means that these boards don't like to finish turns. They are designed to make turns down the fall line. This is something that many freecarvers don't want in a board.

that's exactly the point! these are pure racingboards.