Note to New Members ×

Determining Boot Size

philistine

LeeW, I think he is trying to determine the size of the boots and not what size boots he should wear. Millen has it right. The sizes are generally on the shell and liner (the two are not necessarily the same though they come that way from the factory). This is in general and not specific to the Head Stratos.

LeeW, I think he is trying to determine the size of the boots and not what size boots he should wear. Millen has it right. The sizes are generally on the shell and liner (the two are not necessarily the same though they come that way from the factory). This is in general and not specific to the Head Stratos.

Understood the first time. Point Im trying to make is that both parties (buyer and seller) should at least trace out their feet and then look at the size of said-product. Then verify if it could be just right size, by ballpark estimate.

I'm trying to be funny. Pull the liners out and look inside. On the Rachile boots, the size range is marked on each of the three major parts, lower section, upper cuff and the tongue (did I spell that right?). They markings are on the side of the ankle area.

Like my 26" say 25-26.5 inside the lower section, so depending on what liner you put in them they should fit a 25-26.5.

There is a separat mark on the outside of the heel, which is like 277mm or 285mm. That is the external length of the lower boot section mounting plate. This is measured from the tip of the toe piece to the tip of the heel piece. Its not the overall longest length of the boot (that would be tip of the toe to the rear tilt lock assembly). Its also not the toe and heel bail interface length which is on the same plane, but is shorter.

OK, I gotcha. I was just making sure everyone was talking the same.

Good point about measuring as a starting point for a future buyer. Though even mondo sizing seems pretty fluid (and sometimes hopeless).

As I looked over the sizing table in that link, I think it's off. Maybe that's because it's for everyday boots/shoes rather than hardboots. That might explain the difference, but according to that chart, it says my foot, which is 27.5cm would be a mondo 28.5. That would be way too big for me. Everything else I've read says a 27.0 - 27.9cm foot is a mondo 27. And a 28.0 - 28.9 is a mondo 28. Even still, in my experience and from some of the other postings on here, most people prefer/require a hardboot that is one size smaller than what their mondo point would suggest (or sometimes even two depending on the shape of your foot and how tight you like the fit). I just experienced this when I ordered a mondo 27 boot for my 27.5cm feet. After molding the thermoflex, with foot bed, and riding 5 days, I realize it's too big. I'm having to order a mondo 26. When I did the shell test on the 27, it was boarderline too big, but I went for it anyway since I was out of time before a trip. Now I'll have a pair of Deeluxe Suzuka, Mondo 27, with 6 days of riding on them, for sale very shortly after I find a pair of mondo 26.

Understood the first time. Point Im trying to make is that both parties (buyer and seller) should at least trace out their feet and then look at the size of said-product. Then verify if it could be just right size, by ballpark estimate.

Lee,

but if philistine isnt certain about the size of the boots, how will this help?

I think 295 is the 28/28.5 range

Lee,

but if philistine isnt certain about the size of the boots, how will this help?

I think 295 is the 28/28.5 range

hence my point of saying "ball park estimate" in the first place. :p I have had shoes as well as hardboots that's "supposedly" my size and turns out its not exactly right. but at least it'll help me narrow it down a whole lot more than I would have had if it wasn't for this table, IMO. Also dont forget, there's a bunch of variety in structure of the feet itself, too.