Note to New Members ×

step-ins

Guest rocks

I am a soft boot rider thinking of switching to hard boots. Soft boot step-ins are not really an option on soft boots because they are not very good. I was hoping to get some input as to whether or not the hard boot step-ins are worth considering?

Thanks for feedback

Step-in bindings are great. Burton, F2, X-Bones, Catek and Trenchdiggers all offer step-in bindings.

The Intec heel also gives you a tighter fit than the toe or heel bail setup. I have a set of X-Bones and Catek Olympic step-ins. X-Bones have a softer flex and the Cateks are super rigid.

Hugh

Personally, I think it is not necessary to get step-ins with hard boots when starting. Unlike soft boots, it is very fast getting in and out of plate bindings. Sure if you get a deal, all the better but not worth paying a premium if you are starting out. Money can be better spent on other stuff.

As for your comments on soft boot step-ins not being very 'good', I think you'll find some people disagree with you on that one. Sure some suck, but some are very good and it is more marketing reasons that they failed rather than technical.

Guest woodman

soft boot and hard boot step-ins and feel they are the way to go regardless, IMHO. I had a Rossi Prowler with Clicker step-ins and loved 'em. I've just now "upgraded" to F2 titanium step-ins and TD1 step-ins on my two carving boards and will never go back to a bail type binding again. I've only been out twice this season, but feel more "locked" into my set-up than ever before. Not to mention the ease of getting in and out of your bindings before during or after your day. I say go for it if you can afford them, you'll want some sooner or later anyways.......:D

Good carving,

Paul