Note to New Members ×

Madd Questions!..

B18C1

I just received my Madd 170 ! Thanks to Jack :biggthump I just installed the bindings and I'm going to try it out tommorow morning. The carver's almanac says "Madds have forward-loaded camber", does that mean I should install both bindings in the front slots ?

ie: [::]:: [::]:: or should I just install them the usual way..

ie: :[::]: :[::]:

**I know this is more of a preference thing but I wondered since they specified it has a forward-loaded camber**

Also, I've seen green and red sidewalls on the madds.. What is the difference ? Is it the year of production? Or the stiffness of the board?

Thanks! -Jules

when you forst set it up

mark the ctr of the hole patterns (appx middle of deck)

Make sure the ctr of bindings are the same distance from that point.

The board may have forward camber ,,but you want your stance centered

which is actually 2mm back from ctr of board.

The short version is that the inserts are back from ctr. for a purpose

You don't want to load the nose on your first ride

color of sidewall was changed mid production

no big deal

Alan

Nope. Sorry Alan. Get forward, all the way. And yes, you do, in fact, want to load the nose with this board. I'm 195 lbs and I can put "all" my weight in front of my lead toe to initiate without posting. Once engaged you can stand up a little only to dive forward into the next turn. My front inserts are by the way t-bolted in front of the stock inserts (which only lasted 25 days on my original Madd)

We can agree to disagree

I always believe that when first setting up a deck you have to find out its riding characteristics. Ride it like it was designed to.

You may infact go forward/back but it should be based of feel, riding style,

and weather you are freeriding or racing.

Also, keep in mind that the new madds are not identicle to the older ones.

One size does not fit all

Just .02

Alan

I'd agree with Alan on this. Start off with finding the center of the board and mount them on center and do your adjusting from there. Everyone has different riding styles, on any board I start on center and adjust from there. I started off that way on the Madd, I'm using a 19.25 stance and the only switch I did was move the bindings all the way forward, but still staying on the center inserts. I did try mounting the bindings all the way forward but since I load the nose anyways it didn't work for me. I tend to load the noses on all the boards that I ride, probably has to do with riding on the east coast. I had to adjust my style last year that the SES, man you guys out West have it soooo easy :D