Note to New Members ×

What should I be riding?

Guest powderprincess

You already know I am going to suggest the custom Coiler... since my better half enjoys hers so much...

Regarding the suggested Doneks: The Lisi 182 FC is very long for it's sidecut. This will make it reaaally hooky. Some like it - I do not. If you opt for a FC 163, get this year's. The past couple of years FCs were quite stiff... I weigh 190+ and found them too stiff, even the smaller sizes. I was at a carve camp and even the coaches were working pretty hard to tame them! I have this year's FC 175 and it is SWEET.

I have a used 3- times ever slalom board that would suit someone your size if you are interested in a shorter turn radius. It is a Rossi race x-VAS and is in great condition as I bought it new in the wrapper and only used it 3 -times. I decided it wqas a bit too turny and soft for me, but I'm used to stiff gs boards. Let me know if you're interested as I'm sure it would be much less expensive than some of the other new boards.

Any recomendations for what a person 5'4" and 125 should be riding?

If so, that's what I want to buy. . orrrrrrr a custom Coiler.

Welcome! You've come to the right place.

Don't worry about RDY_2_carve, he's joking around but the rest of us are serious about this stuff and more than happy to give good, solid advice.

Alpine setups are more finely-tuned to the rider's physique. It's hard to know what to recommend based on height and weight alone. Body type is critically important. Do you have a bathing suit or bikini handy? If you put that on and post a picture of yourself, we could probably give a more educated gear recommendation based on your body type.

Don't worry about RDY_2_carve, he's joking around but the rest of us are serious about this stuff and more than happy to give good, solid advice.

Alpine setups are more finely-tuned to the rider's physique. It's hard to know what to recommend based on height and weight alone. Body type is critically important. Do you have a bathing suit or bikini handy? If you put that on and post a picture of yourself, we could probably give a more educated gear recommendation based on your body type.

So I guess I'm not the only Old Dirty Bastard on these here forums! :)

that is probably the funnies thing ive read here! So suttle, and yet with purpose.

Guest powderprincess

Thanks for all your help guys. I found a generic board up in Maine to buy. I'll keep your suggestions in mind, but I guess I won't have to post a picture to be evaluated after all. Maybe if this new board doesn't work out, I'll think about posting a picture here in order to get the full realm of advice from fellow carvers. Oh well, my loss that I won't be able to take advantage of it now. ::shrug::;)

what did you get? when you say generic do you mean Generics? what size?

you did the right thing though, I think..just try something, evaluate what you do and dont like about it, and then possibly find something that has more "do" than "dont" ie a bigger turning radius, snappier flex, etc...

Guest powderprincess
what did you get? when you say generic do you mean Generics? what size?

you did the right thing though, I think..just try something, evaluate what you do and dont like about it, and then possibly find something that has more "do" than "dont" ie a bigger turning radius, snappier flex, etc...

Yup, I am soon to get my Generics 156, wheeeeeeee!

• 2 weeks later...