Note to New Members ×

BTS Photos

bschurman

Nice pics. I have a quick question. How much does the tounge flex on the indys? (Just the tounge on it's own) not the stock RAB or the BTS with blue springs) I'm a lightweight (140lbs) and I'm thinking of gettting some new boots next season. I'm just wondering if the indy's with the yellow BTS springs would work for somebody as light as me. I'm just wondering if the boot tounge would be so stiff as to limit the forward flex becuase the boots designed for heavier guys.

I dunno about the Indys, but I have Suzukas, and tried some carpet-surfing ewith yellow springs. The spings added only a minute amount of resistance to what one gets from having the boot in walk mode with the buckles snug... I would guess most of that was coming from the tongue. Since the Indys are stiffer, I would guess the yellow springs might not even offer the resistance of the Indy tongue.

Suzukas w/ yellow tongues did have a more controlled feeling of flex on the crapet anyways. I put the blue ones on after that, took 'em on snow and haven't looked back. Looks like I get to try 'em in powder tomorrow - cool :)

Nice pics. I have a quick question. How much does the tounge flex on the indys? (Just the tounge on it's own) not the stock RAB or the BTS with blue springs) I'm a lightweight (140lbs) and I'm thinking of gettting some new boots next season. I'm just wondering if the indy's with the yellow BTS springs would work for somebody as light as me. I'm just wondering if the boot tounge would be so stiff as to limit the forward flex becuase the boots designed for heavier guys.

I have got the Raichle AF700 and weigh about 87 kgs. I found these boots rather stiff but good for my sometimes agressive racingstyle. I think that the AF600/Suzuka's will suit you better. The plastic of these boots is less stiff and also the tongue has another construction (softer, more flex). I have the AF600 now and like them a little more due to it's softer flex. Boots overall are stiff enough, also for racing. Hope this helps.

Greets, Hans.

kinda curious why the top part is threaded so far down...I mean...would you ever compress the springs that much?

Probably not but you could run another short spring on top if you wanted to. I think the idea behind the BTS is not to limit what you can do with it. You can mix and match spring stiffnesses for both toe and heelside as well. It's really a versitile design.

My only reservation about them at this point is that I'm not sure that I can change the heelside spring without removing them from the boot. I haven't tried, but it looks like it would be tough. I don't want to be removing and putting them on too much. I'm sure that the hole that holds the pins in would get beat up pretty quickly.

->Ben

looks a bit clunky in the photos, but Ill bet it just looks TECH in person

Bonnie thought they had a "Captain Proton" (for any Star Trek Voyager fans out there) look to them :rolleyes:

But they sure are a good crutch for me on my heelside.

Ben - IIRC I removed one pin to change a heelside spring.