Note to New Members ×

Carving @ Buck Hill, Sunday 1/08 - PHOTOS

Speedzilla

• 2 weeks later...

Speedzilla - BobD suggested that I contact you to see where to obtain the buoys used in Carving Cup competitions. The text of his post follows:

"Buckhill were able to buy the the real buoys. They are vinyl covered foam, with a threaded spike attached by a nylon cable tie. Speedzilla might be able to find out more info on them. The buoys have been very popular with the ski school since the race."

The Connecticut Ski Council is considering holding an event in early March (open to boarders and skiers). Any guidance you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

If you prefer, you can e-mail me.

Thanks!

he has a bigger board, and was ripping on it on wed night. this slalom board was his second board purchase. most of us get some short, turny boards as our hill is very small, and very crowded as it's located in the city. plus, short boards are fun! (although i wouldn't want to try a full run on one at a real mountain. my legs burn enough after our pathetic hills).

much safer for us to be making smaller turns with all the skiers now trying to figure out how to carve a turn. :) and he still almost got hit by some ski racers on wed night, and there were only 5 people on the hill!

-trent