Note to New Members ×

Race Plate Setup

eastcoasterlm

Well I finally got bindings for my board so I have a few questions on the set up.I have the fairly new race plates with the 5.5 degree rear ramp which that info I found on another site.First question do you guys think its an good idea to start off with the ramp, I've never ridden an alpine board but have been softbooting for the last 8 years.Second the bindings came with shorter screws and the longer ones for the plates, I assume the shorter ones are used for the ramp?Also last question the way it looked to me I can screw the ramp down in 4 places is that the normal amount?Sorry for sounding like such a newbie but this alpine stuff is confussing at first.:confused:

Thanks guys

I'm not sure which screws go where, and I'm not sure what you mean about four places, but there is an article about binding set up here:

http://www.bomberonline.com/articles/setup.cfm

Since you only have one cant/lift wedge, experiment by putting it under your rear foot sloping toward the front, and also under your front foot sloping toward the rear. Personally I think you'll find it more comfortable under your front foot.

The 10 mm screws hold the cant to the board, and the 16 mm screws hold the bindings to the board/cant.

As for the cant, I'd say try it in your living room first. I used my cant on my rear foot for a couple of years (because the binding manual said so), but then I tried, just out of curiosity, with no cant at all and found it more comfortable and I had more control this way. I briefly tried it in the front but did not like the feel. So it is a matter of personnal preference.

Thanks guys, I'll just try it in all the postions and see what I feel is best. Right now the wedge in the back seems to be the most comfortable but I'll see when I get out there.Thanks for the info on the sizes, I figured that the smaller ones were for the wedge just wanted to make sure. Wish me luck, I'm trying this bad boy out hopefully later this week.