Note to New Members ×

Any Online Gamers or Gaming PC freaks????

Chubz

Just checking to see if we have any online gamers. I'm into FPS's and BF2 right now.

Built my own rig about 2 years ago and possibly looking to update it with maybe a new Vid card(s) if I go dual, water cooling and some memory. Just seeing what the hottest new vid cards out there and any knowledge on going with a new dual card system. REad and article on dual Intel vs. AMD and it looks like AMD may get the nod on performance for gaming.

Any input would be great and please keep this thread in laymen's terms.

Greg

• 4 weeks later...

I love my counter strike but just the original. No advanced video card on my computer. I got battlefield 2: modern combat for xbox and its simply amazing. If you're up for some counter strike, or other non-extremely high performance games, I'm in. I never really put money into my PC because I love my xbox and ps2 for gaming.

You got a damn nice system though.

Just checking to see if we have any online gamers. I'm into FPS's and BF2 right now.

Greg

I don't actually <i>play</i> as much as I should, but I moonlight every once in a while as a game writer, focussing on the business side of things. I have to say that writing off hardware/software purchases is a pretty nice perk.

Right now I've been meaning to install the LOTR RTS for a few months...hard to go through with it because I know it will take over my life until I finish it.

what video game developer, if any, do you work for? or are you a free agent type? I'm not 100% sure how things work in the game industry. I belong to a website called www.tradegamesnow.com and that is where i get 90% of my games. The owner of the site worked with sid mier to make the newer pirates game, which is superb :biggthump. check it out even if you're a casual gamer.

what video game developer, if any, do you work for? or are you a free agent type? I'm not 100% sure how things work in the game industry. I belong to a website called www.tradegamesnow.com and that is where i get 90% of my games. The owner of the site worked with sid mier to make the newer pirates game, which is superb :biggthump. check it out even if you're a casual gamer.

Sorry Gleb, missed this response. I wasn't very clear: I don't work for a developer at all, I write articles for Gamespot.com. It's put me into some interesting positions - I've been within nodding distance of Miyamoto twice and both times was too chicken**** to ask for an autograph. Sigh.

oh sweet, gamespot kicks ass. I can't believe u've actually seen him that close. For the unknowing, he has impacted video games more than any other person in the world. He was involved in making Super Mario Brothers and countless other classics. Damn.

Willy, unless you got the system for free, you should return it and put the extra $100 to get over $200 of extra things. Its well worth to buy the $400 system than the $300 :biggthump