Note to New Members ×

Lake Louise, Jan 14

Neil Gendzwill

I'll be at the Lake this Saturday. I'll be with my 10 year old son on skis. My clothes and helmet are all black, riding an orange-flamed Coiler AM. Look for us on the main quad on the frontside in the morning until I figure out if he's comfy enough to hit the backside this year, then we'll probably be on Larch chair hopefully by 11. Or you can try FRS channel 7-22.

ETA - switch to Sunshine, not sure where, radio same.

Hey Neil - I REALLY need to do some housework, but if the weather is OK on Sat I might bunk off instead ... if it's snowing I'm gonna sleep in. If I get there I'll buzz you on the radio.

Hope Larch is better than last weekend ... it was pretty marginal, and the front side was the usual icefest ... you know that Sunshine got 24 cm last night??

I was last at Sunshine on Xmas Eve, and spent the morning bombing Goat's Eye in powder deeper (in some spots) than the width of the raceboard. It was awesome. They've had 3-5cm of fresh nearly every night since then, plus the stuff that's coming in at the moment. I'm guessing it got tracked pretty good over Xmas, but this new stuff should help a lot.

Hey Neil - we will be checking the weather forecast at 6am, if it looks reasonable we'll head out and if it's snowing I'm going back to bed.

L and I usually start the day running off Wolverine and the trails off Banff Avenue, and then head over to Goat's Eye. We'll probably be there for most of the morning, and then maybe at Wawa after lunch.

It was great but the parking is psycho. Took 45 minutes to get clear at the end of the day due to icy access roads, stuck vehicles, dickwad drivers, etc etc.

Anyways, lots of snow, I was the only hardbooter there, the AM performed like a champ on a bunch of soft bumps, my son is finally coming around and not quitting on me after a few falls, awesome day.

We'll be back Feb 15-17, maybe we can make some turns together then.

God, that was an amazing day ... I guess you must have been up with the ravening hordes on Angel/Standish. We avoided the village and spent the day running Wolverine/Goats Eye, which, considering the crowds in the parking lot, were practically deserted. Spent the morning smooshing through powder between boot and knee deep. Lots of people on powder fat skis, and my WFO handled the fluff like a dream (and to think, I almost turned it into a hall table).

We had to bail about 1.30 as we had dinner guests, so managed to avoid the parking madness at the end of the day. The odometer test of the parking lot showed a 2.2km tail from the end of the carpark - Family Day last year was 2.4km, so that shows you just how crazy it was.

We tried you on the radio a few times but guess that it was kind of hard to pick up the signal on the next face over. Pleased you had a good time, and that your son is finally getting the hang of things.

I'll be away in Feb when you come back, but we do have to ride sometime!

God, that was an amazing day ... I guess you must have been up with the ravening hordes on Angel/Standish. We avoided the village and spent the day running Wolverine/Goats Eye, which, considering the crowds in the parking lot, were practically deserted. Spent the morning smooshing through powder between boot and knee deep. Lots of people on powder fat skis, and my WFO handled the fluff like a dream (and to think, I almost turned it into a hall table).

We were on Angel and Wawa in the morning, then we were on Wolverine/Goat's Eye in the afternoon, so we might have had a 1/2 hour overlap there... we got a few calls on the radio but I don't think it was you - no line of site from Goat's Eye to the main hill.

They got the shuttle wagon/tractor thing stuck on the access road so there was a lineup while they towed it out, and then everyone got stuck on that hill due to icy conditions. Lot of people with all-seasons finding out the hard way that they are really three-seasons. My old van with the Blizzaks just walked up that hill no problem.

I am going to be in Banff Feb 3 to the 8th. Not sure about riding the weekend, but will be up during the week. If Your are around Allee or anyone else, we should hook up. I will be riding with my father in law (skier) and will probably have an FRS too probably channel 16-7.