Note to New Members ×

Oxygen Proton 164 gs race board.

dano

Bought as a new leftover 5 years ago. Tuned once, used once. almost perfect condition. Some base scratches not bad. Top sheet perfect. Still has original $479 retail price tag. Black base, not sure if it's electra or not. Dakine stomp.

Selling because it's small and I never use it. $150 + shipping

Will consider trade for big bx board.

prefer paypal.

post-182-141842211059_thumb.jpg

post-182-141842211061_thumb.jpg

Guest thewizza

Is this board stiff...I am an New England rider and am really looking for something that would be fun and hold an edge in hard/icy conditions.

If it is something that woulud meet those needs and the board is in fine condition I would be interested in purchasing.

Thanks,

Kevin

http://www.bomberonline.com/JackM/buyers_guide/buyers_guide.htm

I don't know the wieght specs, but I would asume you would need to be at least 160lb to really bend this thing. I'm 230lb and it didn't feel soft to me.

The problem was my size 12's made me use too high of a binding angle to feel comfortable.

Board going on ebay this week.

I weigh in at 132 lb and the Proton GS 164 was my main ride until it got benched by a Donek FCII 163.

It worked great for laid out carves, EC style. But, I couldn't do quick slalom turns on it. I think that was mostly due to the sidecut and not the flex.

The Donek FCII 163 and the Proton GS 164 feel like they have the same flex, but I can turn the Donek a lot quicker and tighter.

The tail on the 164 stays locked in like no board I've ridden. This can be bad for quick little turns I guess... but it's GREAT for blasting down steeps on the tail or doing "wheelies" at ludicrous speed with a monster rooster tail.

"Some chick" female euro racer used to win races on OLN a few years back on one of these "ball pattern" blue protons. I personally think it's one of the sexiest looking race boards ever.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1,1&item=7212406868&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT

I did a summer Snowperformance camp at Timberline a few years ago. Lisa Kosglow was one of the coaches, and she mentioned that one of her teammates on the U.S. Olympic Team was competing on a stock Proton. Can't remember who it was, unfortunately.

My current board is nice and wide the way I like it, but a horrible combo of too soft and too low SCR. Maybe I should just save up a bunch and get a custom board. Looking really for somelike like the Swoard, but a little more versatile/allmountainish. Something like a 4WD with a ~12-13m SCR. Too bad no one makes something like that. :(

i'm seriously looking for a decent racing board. 160-170 in length. and i'm not sure how to pick out a nice one or anthing i haven't used this type before.

i'm looking at bidding on ebay, but i don't feel like waiting for that auction to end- i'd prefer to have the board by next weekend. this weekend would be even better.

i was looking to spend around 150 on one so if anybody sees anything let me know. or if you want to talk to me about selling the board,

crystalkey97@netzero.net

sorry to post again, but i also could use some help before bidding on this. i'm 5'9, and i weigh 140 lbs. will this board be stiff enough for me? i want to be able to ride hard but since i'm new to alpine i'm just not sure.

i'll also be using my soft boots for a short while (i'm size 27 mondo).

the little bit i know i learned through google, but that can only do so much. i've never seen anybody riding alpine/race nor does anybody in my area who i talk to know anything about it.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

i'll also be using my soft boots for a short while (i'm size 27 mondo).

while this board will definitely be enough for you...the soft boots thing is likely a bad idea. at mondo 27, your angles will have to be quite high to have anything close to no overhang...

save up and get some hardboots and bindings.

I did a summer Snowperformance camp at Timberline a few years ago. Lisa Kosglow was one of the coaches, and she mentioned that one of her teammates on the U.S. Olympic Team was competing on a stock Proton. Can't remember who it was, unfortunately.

Possibly Stacia Hookom??

I think Prior makes some nice 4WD boards. Check out their site.

The Prior 4WD was the board I was refering to; I know of no other "4WD" named board in the alpine industry.

Maybe you're using "4WD" to be synonymous with AllMountainAlpine? If so, never heard the name used in that way before. :o

Possibly Stacia Hookom??

Hey Kirk, could be. I just looked at her site and she is definitely riding a Proton. The same model I ride, in fact, though I imagine there's more than a few differences in HOW she rides it.

Christ what a waste this was...47 people were "watching" it, and at the end 1 person sniped the minimum $100 and got it. And now the buyer isn't paying OR responding to my emails...

Why O' why didn't I just swap it for that santa cruz 172 when I had the chance???????? I'm SUCH a bonehead....

On a positive note, some nimrod bid 71 bucks + shipping for a set of thule 575 snowboard racks that I bought 10 years ago for 35 bucks at REI on clearance....

GO FIGURE.....