Note to New Members ×

wide powder board with hard boots opinons

carve4life

I use 40f/20r with hard boots on a powder board. That's a bigger difference between front and rear than most people like, but it seems to work for me (I'm naturally splay-legged).

SB 423 in "powder" mode, and I sometimes leave the top buckle undone as well. It works well, but I'd probably prefer it a bit softer in the forward-flex as it can be a little twitchy on the hardpack when doing toesides (although soft boards are forgiving, and you get used to the twitchiness quite quickly).

Guest Zach Davis

I ran some wide boards last year... typically around a 25 cm waist. I would just mount my bindings so that the toes and heels of my boots were right over the edges... then I'd take the rear foot back 7 degrees from the front foot.

Worked fine for me... I did find myself wanting a skinnier board. I'd like to see a swallowtail with a 24 cm waist.

Zach

I have kept my higher angles on my wider boards.. My MADD BX 168 im at 60/55 but I think a lot has to do with its overall stiffness and torsional rigitity.. so it can handle the stress over the width of the board.. I'm Also setting up My Magna Traction the same way.. its a comfy thing for me.. any less and it just feels wierd.. I ride everything with plates.. tried softies and it just kills my ankles..can't get any leverage plus I don't want to have to trow my ass back and forth to ride a board at low angles..its really not sexy!!

Next board I want to try is the Dreamraider 170!!

or this new MADD proto 177 ABX im hearing about..

Right said Shred

post-186-141842211038_thumb.jpg

post-186-141842211039_thumb.gif

post-186-14184221104_thumb.gif