Note to New Members ×

Burton Fires and Intecs

Guest Tim Tuthill

Guest Tim Tuthill

Anyone know if the bolts for the Fire are longer? I think I used the bolts that were in the boots in the first place. The Intec bolts were too short?? Michelle has been great by sending me a bolt, but it is too short. Any info, anyone?anyone?anyone?

There are four bolts that attach a heel peice to a Fire, and they are two different lengths. I think the ones closer to the middle of the boot are longer than the ones towards the heel. They are a fine metric thread, but I don't know the exact thread size or length. If you get in a pinch I have some extras you can have if you need.

They are both M5 bolts but the front ones are 35mm and the back ones are 30mm. The standard bolts that come with the INTEC heels are 20mm. You can get them with a 4mm hex socket cap if you would like at www.mcmaster.com. The 30mm ones are part number 92290A254 and the 35mm ones are part number 92290A256. These are both stainless steel and as long as you keep them tight they are not likley to break.

->Ben

Guest Tim Tuthill

Ben: Thank you so much!!! I'm on it!! Hope they can get them to me by Saturday. Who's going to be at Park City on Monday morning??? Do you use Loktite?? Got the order! I will have the bolts Friday. They come in packs of 25. I now have a few? If anyone needs these let me know. I will bring them to Park City. Ben, Thanks so much!!! I will call Michelle and let her know. Bordy, Will you be there??

No problem

I do not use loctite but instead use Pedro's Syn grease on the threads so that I can get proper torque on the bolts. I check them every day before I ride with a 4mm hex key and I have never had a problem with them loosening up. They will loosen a little at first but eventually they will settle down.

->Ben

Ben: Thank you so much!!! I'm on it!! Hope they can get them to me by Saturday. Who's going to be at Park City on Monday morning??? Do you use Loktite?? Got the order! I will have the bolts Friday. They come in packs of 25. I now have a few? If anyone needs these let me know. I will bring them to Park City. Ben, Thanks so much!!! I will call Michelle and let her know. Bordy, Will you be there??

if you got the shorter ones (30mm) and if you are willing to ship 4 of them to jersey. i could use them...tell me what you want. I am missing just one but would rather upgrade the four

I assume that are you talking about the Burton bindings. If so then read on

Well, the binding screws that attach the binding to the board would have to be M6x16mm with a phillips head. Part number 90258A285 at mcmaster.com. As for the cant screws I bet they are M6 too but I do not know the length as I don't have them. But if someone has them they can measure the length as shown in the attached photo.

If you are talking about the TD1s then that is something else, and the TD2s would be something else too. So... let me know and I'll see what I know. But I know what both of those are for both the binding to board and cant screws.

->Ben

post-10-141842210966_thumb.gif

Cool diagram, but not enough info to actually build that screw... just being engineering-anal.

To add to the engineering-analness (I don't know if it is even a word), that screw is a double entry, and I don't have any Intecs (or even Intec compatible boots for that matter), but I don't think they would use a double entry screw for that.

Guest Tim Tuthill

mcmaster. The bolts are in the mail?? real nice people, but 1 day there not. If you need em, make sure they one day ship and pay for it. my one day has turned into a week, as in the day after I leave for PC. Oh well, not to worry, Phil says hes got what I need! Thanks Phil!!!

Guest Tim Tuthill

Bolts came today and are way better than the Phil screws! 4mm allen head cap. They come in a 25 pack. I do have bolts for the Burton boots with the Intec heel. I will be at Aspen. So, anyone in need, look me up.