Note to New Members ×

What bevels do Doneks come with from the factory?

snow|3oarder

My FC II comes with 0/0. I'm thinking of putting a 1/1 though: The 0/0 felt too grabby for me on the ice the other day. Maybe a gummi on the tip/tail would help a bit with that.

Maybe, but I suggest 1/1, for two reasons: first, because I know it works for me :); second, because it's totally repeatable. There's no variables like "how much gummi, over how much of the tip/tail" etc, so once you find a bevel you like, you can use the exact same process on all of your boards in the future, and have shops do it for you, and get the same results every time.

1/1 gives me a nice neutral feeling when riding straight with the base flat, and I haven't noticed any change other than that. Have thought about using more side bevel for more ice grip, but haven't tried that yet.

Good riding with you at Stratton! (I think it was you! :confused: )

That was me. Thanks for the tips...good riding with you as well. It was an awesome week at Stratton.

I was a little surprised when someone at the Startingate told me that Doneks come tuned 2/1. I suspected that that information was incorrect and that I better be absolutely sure before i start sharpening the edges with my file guide. Good thing i waited, now i have to have my board tuned.

Here is a pic from that week at Stratton (hope this works, 5th day on plates):

post-1972-141842210412_thumb.jpg

thats a freezeframe from a vid, no? looks...like you mighta wrecked? healthy air though...lets see the rest!

a bit surprised that someone at SG would give you faulty info...they seem to pride themselves on being correct...

Wrecked? Never! lol...

Here is a link to that vid : http://clips1.vimeo.com/video_files/2005/12/26/vimeo.40941.mov

The people at Startingate are great. Maybe I misunderstood them. They get my highest recommendation.

More video to come as I progress this season. :biggthump

Check out the jumps in this video :

http://www.eurosport.com/home/pages/v4/l0/s10001/playermultimedia_lng0_rub9_spo10001_ven18190.shtml

just looks like an odd position, but it was kinda a "hip" jump, no? directional transfera little

bend those knees! watched that second vid...same problem...straight legs, standup airs. I think it has to do with hardboots?

man...in that second vid...guy does a SWEET layback carve on a banked turn...awesome. sadly, in most of those airs they're wrecking. Cool vid tho...know where the footage is from?

just looks like an odd position, but it was kinda a "hip" jump, no? directional transfera little

bend those knees! watched that second vid...same problem...straight legs, standup airs. I think it has to do with hardboots?

man...in that second vid...guy does a SWEET layback carve on a banked turn...awesome. sadly, in most of those airs they're wrecking. Cool vid tho...know where the footage is from?

I have a tendency to bring the board up when i jump...thats why it looks weird.

Yah....I know im not bending. It was only my 5th day on plates, and the end of the day. My form will evolve. Stratos pros are kindof stiff too. Not to amenable for forward lean.

I dont know where that second video originated. I got the link from alpinecarving.com.

I wasnt just singling you out...its hard to bend with hardboots...cuz sucking the board up isnt just in the knees

the other vid was really cool...I just dont dig footage/stills of people that didnt pull it off...and of carves that come to a complete stop (EC vids have a LOT of this)

youve got a whole season to dial in those misty flips on your donek!