Note to New Members ×

Christmas Present

Guest alakata

Guest alakata

yea

well my fried rides 6 forward in back and 3 forward in front both tilted forward

and i got 2, 3 degree cant discs with the bingings so i set em both forward

i plan on trying it tuesday, have familiy functions tomorrow so i cant go, i will try both ways and i thank all of you for your advice :biggthump

You generally would not want the front binding canted forward, unless you have a very odd knee alignment.... the norm is to either cant them together or no cants at all

If a cant means a wedge which tilts your foot by lifting up the side on the little toe running down to the outside heel, and a lift is raising your toes or heels... then usually people ride:

- both feet no cants, no lifts

- back foot heel lifted, small cant towards the front foot, front foot flat

- back foot heel lifted, small cant towards the front foot, front toe lifted, small cant towards the back foot

There are some people playing around with canting the rear knee outward, but generally the options about are right for most.

5 degree offset is pretty good; you want to get to the point of zero overhang though, the board is right on its edge close to 90 degrees, if you start catching your heel or toe in the snow, then it will ruin your carve.

Good luck :-) Wish we celebrated xmas here, then I would have got meself a new windsurf rig, and a trip to USA :-)

I had mine setup with 60/55 f/r angles, 3 degrees of cant, f/r. BTW: both cants were tilted towards the center of the board. Having a 'starting block' style cant might not help you, unless as kipstar says, you have really odd knee alignment. Tilt them in.

:)

I too found Santa a good way to reveal my illicit purchases to my husband....imagine my surprise that Santa remembered me after the big haul my kids (and husband) got...

He was too busy playing with his replacement bluetooth phone earclip to notice me replacing the stock heels with Intecs(so easy) and with his broken leg he couldn't follow me in the bedroom to see me attach my new X-bones to my gently used Alp (I went ahead and attached the 4 hole discs to the supersecret Proto-saves time that way) :biggthump

I too found Santa a good way to reveal my illicit purchases to my husband....imagine my surprise that Santa remembered me after the big haul my kids (and husband) got...

He was too busy playing with his replacement bluetooth phone earclip to notice me replacing the stock heels with Intecs(so easy) and with his broken leg he couldn't follow me in the bedroom to see me attach my new X-bones to my gently used Alp (I went ahead and attached the 4 hole discs to the supersecret Proto-saves time that way) :biggthump

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!!!!

I have an alternate strategy. I just make sure my wife's quiver is as big as mine. I surprised her with an OSin 4807 168. She was very happy, and can't wait to ride it!