Note to New Members ×

June conditions report

carve4life

It's way too late to resurrect this dialog, but I will say that I share the same oppinion as carve4life. However, once I'm there, Mammoth for me is a convience thing, no driving or parking hassels etc.

Convenience aside, my preference is with June, except when Mammoth's upper mountain is groomed and not cut up---steep carving at its best. Two seasons ago I caught Scotty's fully groom out all the way into San Anton. VERY steep for the first five or so turns, then open, steep, and fast turns as long as the legs would permit. Shared that day with gdboytyler and it was one of my top five carving days for sure. I have not seen Scotty's groomed before that time nor since. :(

Will be up in Mammoth Tues 3rd thu Fri 6th, not sure what days I'll be at June.

Give a post or email if your going to be there.

A good day at June Mt

This is the day/s that sold me on June Mt for carving. Kirk from SLC, his Dad and I all had a blast. Excellent snow conditions, super grooming and no crowd. I had spent most of the week at Mammoth and it is an incredible area. June Mt was better for pure carving with no one breathing down your neck. IMO.

Kirk, yep , mine too. Probably some of the best conditions I found in 6 weeks on the road last season. Including SES , UTAH, CO and Mammoth!

This photo is one of the most downloaded in all the 2100 photos of the gallery.

Laceration inflicted by the Burner, right?

Beauty!

Kirk, yep , mine too. Probably some of the best conditions I found in 6 weeks on the road last season. Including SES , UTAH, CO and Mammoth!

This photo is one of the most downloaded in all the 2100 photos of the gallery.

I highly doubt Ive ever cut anytying that even slightly resembled that.

Brian, gotta love that pic of Gunsmoke, and look, no jumps! I think I was comming into town just as you were leaving, if I recall correctly. Didn't you ride June your last day on the way back to the North West?

While taking another look at the picture of Gunsmoke, I have to say it is one of those few runs that beginers to world cup can have a blast ridding. I know I'm repeating myself by saying the run's highest and best use is 100% groomed. Thanks for sharing the picture.

Happy New Year!

Brian, gotta love that pic of Gunsmoke, and look, no jumps! I think I was comming into town just as you were leaving, if I recall correctly. Didn't you ride June your last day on the way back to the North West?

Happy New Year!

Yes, your memory is outstanding! I had been in Mammoth for a week, wanted to do one day at June on the way out. Had so much fun , I stuck around for a second day instead of going to Mt Rose. I have been told Mt Rose is "Most Excellent" for carving also. I will have to make a point of hitting it this year to verify that. From June I worked my way back up to Mt Bachelor and home to Mt Hood. Our terrible season gave me the perfect reason to "Road Trip" to the excellent conditions the Tahoe / Mammoth areas were experiencing. Sorry I missed the chance to ride with you. Bryan

• 2 weeks later...

Gary

Not sure about the latest new info, spoke with Carl in Dec., after the past several seasons they appear to be "collecting" snow on that run to build the jumps, hits, etc. They closed Gunsmoke 12/21 "due to wind" when were in town, the web site indicates the run is still closed...so not sure what happenin' now! aloha

Brian

I rode gunsmoke Sat. they had'nt groomed it and it sucked.It was my first day of the season I was bummed I took up my new Virus stealth and new Swoard.They hadn't groomed for three days.I was going to storm the office if it wasn't groomed on sunday. But to my surprise they groomed. Monday was empty and gunsmoke was smokin. Get it while you can.

Frank

Gary

Not sure about the latest new info, spoke with Carl in Dec., after the past several seasons they appear to be "collecting" snow on that run to build the jumps, hits, etc. They closed Gunsmoke 12/21 "due to wind" when were in town, the web site indicates the run is still closed...so not sure what happenin' now! aloha

Brian

Yea, I was afraid that they might be collecting all that new snow the week of the 7th after seeing almost all other runs groomed on the hill. As Frank said, we should catch it while we can.