Note to New Members ×

True Boot Fit

Chubz

Folks

Looking for input of true boot fitting. I have a 9.5 US foot and currently ride Raichles 223's Mondo 27 with regular liners. I have heard some folks going smaller mondo and getting a more snug fit.

Just need feedback on what to consider if going a size smaller. Say a Mondo 29 for a 9.5 US. I know that the moldable liners help this cause as well, but what else should be considered.

Thanks

Greg

you meant 26, right?

first, you should be using your actual mondo measurement, not US sizing, which can be inaccurate.

so...that would be step one

me, Im just over 27.5 on both feet, and use 27 boots, TF liners, and am pretty snug. I tried 26 once, but didnt even get past the shell test stage...could barely squeeze a finger behind my heel.

so..yeah...whats your actual mondo size? you can measure it yourself, but if youre tryin to be super accurate, and maybe get into a smaller boot, you should go to a boot shop and get an accurate measurement.

i measured out a 26.5 with my ruler so I got burton winds that were mondo 26. I was going to get 27s but i was told that its better to get a size down because you can always get a boot stretched out, and that is exactly what I did. I first had it widened then stretched. I need to probably stretch it out one more time.

I'm a 9.5 and ride Raichle 324s in size 27. I had to have the footbed widened about 1/8 but the length feels about right. The ankle area is a bit roomy though. I'm using thick thermoflex liners (they come in two thicknesses, 11mm and 14mm or something like that) with a little extra foam on top over the ankle, and a 1/8" footbed shim (flat plastic that sits under the liner over the whole sole area).

But I still get a bit of heel lift, so last weekend I put in my first day on size-26 UPZ boots. They have thin liners originally intended for size-25 boots, and they are snug all the way around. A little too snug, actually. :) I can ride them with the bottom buckles flapping and it still feels a little too tight. But I think I will like them a lot once I get a little more width in the forefoot area. The length seems perfect - I can feel the front of the boot, but there's no pressure there. Without liners I can get one finger in there behind my heel.

I had size-27 AF600s briefly, but they were too roomy.

I haven't tried size-26 Raichles but I might eventually, just to see.

Guest thomas_m

Nate, I wear a 10 street shoe and am currently in m26 Suzukas. I had the footbed and liners done at Worldcup. The left foot is perfect but the toes in th3 right boot are a tad too compressed, not painful but they went numb when we were riding Wed. I'm going to give them a few more sessions for the liners to pack out a bit but I may end up having the right toebox stretched just a bit.

27's would have definitely been to big for a snug fit.

T.