lift ticket prices

Gleb

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

is it me, or are they getting out of hand in some places. at okemo, they just hit $85:freak3:

According to their site, they charge $69 for a 1 day weekend ticket.

FWIW, I like to look at it as an hourly rate. If you spend $50 on a lift ticket and have 5 hours of awesome carving, you spent $10 an hour. Not bad at all when compared with other forms of entertainment.

is it me, or are they getting out of hand in some places. at okemo, they just hit $85:freak3:
Buy a 12 pack of Harpoon IPA and get a $15 off coupon(for Okemo) off the box.$369 for a ASC All for One Pass sounds pretty good when mts want crazy dough for a ticket.FIND those deals out there. Attitash is free this friday and $20 with a couple cans of food on saturday.Good times in North Conway. This is last sunday at Attitrash.

post-123-14184220933_thumb.jpg

post-123-141842209331_thumb.jpg

According to their site, they charge $69 for a 1 day weekend ticket.

FWIW, I like to look at it as an hourly rate. If you spend $50 on a lift ticket and have 5 hours of awesome carving, you spent $10 an hour. Not bad at all when compared with other forms of entertainment.

not when you count the cost of your gear...Skateboarding and climbing have the lowest cost ratio for me...at this point my climbing shoes cost pennies per hour (though I do need a resole) and the cost per hour for skateboarding is (at least for me) well below $1 an hour

not when you count the cost of your gear...Skateboarding and climbing have the lowest cost ratio for me...at this point my climbing shoes cost pennies per hour (though I do need a resole) and the cost per hour for skateboarding is (at least for me) well below $1 an hour

Well, you could factor in the gas you spent getting to the resort, the $8 crappy cheeseburger you had for lunch, the $40 pair of gloves you bought because you forgot yours at home, the $80 pair of goggles you left sitting on the roof of your car as you drove out of the parking lot. The money you could have been making if you had actually gone to work that day......

It's still better than working or sitting on the couch.

Well, you could factor in the gas you spent getting to the resort, the $8 crappy cheeseburger you had for lunch, the $40 pair of gloves you bought because you forgot yours at home, the $80 pair of goggles you left sitting on the roof of your car as you drove out of the parking lot. The money you could have been making if you had actually gone to work that day......

True and I wasn't meaning that I am against paying to play just that Snowboarding is the most expensive per hour of all my addictions...that said I'm jonesing because it has now snowed for the second time since I've arrived in Rhode Island and my gear is still in transit and not due to arrive until mid Jan...the local Champion sports shop has snowdecks that are starting to look fun (since I can't skate) or maybe a venture out to one of the Rock Gyms to boulder (a good freeze is need to make the real rock climbable)

the $85/day is what my friend told me he had to pay when he was there this past weekend. For much of the season, i'll be sticking with wachussett. with the college pass port, ride 4 times and the 5th is free. thats on top of the $8 discount.

Speedzilla, that's some funny Shizz. GECKO, you're back ! We've got extra gear you can borry until your gear arrives. Seen this ? SKATER ISLAND'S REVIVAL http://www.skaterisland.com/ A plan is underway to rebuild Skater Island and take it to the next level. A consultant has been hired by the management team to develop the plan and see it through its completion. The team envisions an environment that provides children from all over a variety of activities, beyond skating & biking. We’re looking to bring in the same people who made the original Skater Island facilities the best on the East Coast.

Guest Randy S.

Alpine Meadows in Tahoe is still a bargain at $41/day. Up from $39 last season. Season passes are $750 w/ no blackouts. There are other, cheaper season passes in Tahoe. Like at Northstar and Heavenly.

Speedzilla, that's some funny Shizz. GECKO, you're back ! We've got extra gear you can borry until your gear arrives. Seen this ? SKATER ISLAND'S REVIVAL http://www.skaterisland.com/ A plan is underway to rebuild Skater Island and take it to the next level. A consultant has been hired by the management team to develop the plan and see it through its completion. The team envisions an environment that provides children from all over a variety of activities, beyond skating & biking. We’re looking to bring in the same people who made the original Skater Island facilities the best on the East Coast.

thanks for the offer I may end up taking you up on that...BTW that web page has been up for some time (2 years maybe??) I drove by the old site today and it's empty. Skaterisland was fun but I actually prefer concrete to plywood or steel...I don't mind skating in the cold but Groton is covered in snow...so I'll be playing on plastic at Ollies Rock Gym

I spent $150 on a "student" season pass to Copper Mountain and Winter Park. Tomorrow will be my 4th day on the mountain. It's already paid for itself. What are season pass prices like in the other states? My dad lives in Anchorage Alaska, and the local resort there (Alyeska) charges $1,000 for a season pass! Yikes! Anyways, I think it's worth it to buy a season pass, especially if you plan on using it.

I spent $150 on a "student" season pass to Copper Mountain and Winter Park. Tomorrow will be my 4th day on the mountain. It's already paid for itself. What are season pass prices like in the other states? My dad lives in Anchorage Alaska, and the local resort there (Alyeska) charges $1,000 for a season pass! Yikes! Anyways, I think it's worth it to buy a season pass, especially if you plan on using it.

they go from 500 to 1000 i believe.

I've heard they're starting to put age limits on college passes now. You mean you can't be 40 and still be in college ??! wtf ? ASC marketing had a brain$torm lowering thier Bronze pass to $369. Get more people on the hill, buying $8 cheeseburgers, $40 gloves and $80 goggles. Kind of the health club idea, only 30 % of the members actually show up. I guess it puts more people on the hill on the weekends but I haven't noticed a HUGE jump in liftlines. Gleb, you're in College, get a college pass. Screw paying $$$ for lift tickets, esp on a student budget.There are many ways to score lift tix for cheap :eplus2:

The only reason i didnt get a regular season ticket is because I didn't actually think I would be able to make it to the mountain as often as I actually am. I didn't think I'd have my car near by all the time. I'm looking into a season pass for Wachussett but so far, $18 per day for riding isn't too bad. They have this college passport pass you buy for $10 then its $8 off everytime u ride and every 5th time is free. Next year, I'll be getting an all access college breakout pass for $199. Its good at 3 mountains with no blackout dates. All mountains are within a 2 hour drive too.