Note to New Members ×

Intec cable release systems.

Fleaman

I finally went out and tried my new Catek OS step ins and had a really hard time to grab the handle underneath my ski pants. I tried to stick the handle out under my pants, but it kinda feels goofy and I get snow inside my boots.

I remember a few years ago, someone said that they extended their cables to the cuff in their arm sleeve. Sounds like a good idea.

I was wondering if anyone has some other mod to the intec system to make releasing easier.

Thanks

Jason

This is a horrible idea in my opinion, because if the strap (or cord or whatever) gets bound up and pulled on, the boot could come loose. I think you are better off poking a hole in your pants or cutting a slit and using velcro to close it up around the cable

I won't run it outside my pants, it would run up inside my pants then out the waist area where the side zipper ends and poke an end out. It would still be covered by my jacket, but I can slip up my jacket easier than my pant leg. :o

Are you talking about down by the boot cuff to make a slit?

I think what you are looking for are the Intec-compatible pants that F2 makes. You snap a strap in the pant into the handle and then you can grab the pant to release.

I've got the F2 "Elias Pant 2" that works this way:

http://www.blue-tomato.at/ProductDetailAction.bto?selectedNode=OIheGAqJWrqPEBWgen8Aie-1

Cheers

/Teddo

Guest stokelyvancamp

Mountain Equipment Co-op Sells the flight pants, which are XCR Gore-Tex, with a bib and have a full zippered sides. The cool thing is they have three zippers on each leg so you can zip them down to the bottom with one and put the other two zippers together with the opening at the cable so just the handle sticks out of the pant leg and no snow gets in. Plus they are the waterproff zippers so they do not move at all during a day of riding, bent knees on them too. Awesome pants.

Guest Randy S.

I've had a rig like this for a few years. It works great. I got the supplies at REI. Its a pretty standard 3/4" fastex buckle and some simple web strapping. I took my pants to a cobbler and had him cut a small hole mid-thigh and reinforce it with leather. I use some figure eight thingies (a piece of hardware) that is also a bottle opener. Try to find something that doesn't have hooks on it. Mine get hung up on snow fences in lift lines sometimes. They've never ever released during a fall or anything. You really only need it for your back leg, since that's the one you release most often. I love riding into the lift line and releasing while I slide to a stop.

my lord are you guys that old? its not that hard to bend over! Ive never had a problem with it...nor with "finding" the release handle through my pants...must be some factor for yall that Ive not run across yet.

you know...actually...the handles on my intecs are squared off, and one end is longer, like an ice pick appearance...and Ive seen others that are round and stubby...maybe those are the problem?

I won't run it outside my pants, it would run up inside my pants then out the waist area where the side zipper ends and poke an end out. It would still be covered by my jacket, but I can slip up my jacket easier than my pant leg. :o

Are you talking about down by the boot cuff to make a slit?

Right, a slit down in the cuff, or slightly above the cuff. You could reinforce it with duct tape.

The reason I wouldn't do the cable (or strap or whatever) up the inside of the pants is that I can imagine it getting caught and pulling on the release, so it doesn't seem worth not having to bend down, but that's just me, if it works for you guys, go for it. Good luck!

Dsub, we're not too old to bend over, we're too fat to bend over.

I once got stuck upside down in a tree well. I released my bindings and I was out in no time.

Come to think of it, I got stuck in a tree last year and had the FAST system Snopro's. The handle is pretty exposed and easy to pull. It sure saved me from choking on all the snow that fell in with me.

Steve. I am not too worried of the strap catching on something inside my pants. Even if it does, it will only be extended on my back foot which I can manage if it releases. I wouldnt want my front foot to release, it would be disastrous.

And yeah, after ripping it up on a run and stoping before the lift line, I am liable to pass out while leaning over to release my binding. I like ergonomic equipment. If it makes my life easier, I will definitely try it.

my lord are you guys that old? its not that hard to bend over! Ive never had a problem with it...nor with "finding" the release handle through my pants...must be some factor for yall that Ive not run across yet

I can find the handle and even get my hand around it through my pants, but while bent over, I cant unweight the foot enough to release smoothly. I also have to take my glove off to grab the handle easily.

Opening day I ended up in one, and couldn't reach my back foot handle on my Snowpro's. Fortunately, the tree was small enough to grab and hand over hand my way out. Suddenly been thinking about Intecs just for that reason, and the cable up the pants trick may be what the doc orders. Just one more expense to justify to SWMBO.

I can find the handle and even get my hand around it through my pants, but while bent over, I cant unweight the foot enough to release smoothly. I also have to take my glove off to grab the handle easily.

I honestly think the handles on mine are different than anyone elses, or the majority at least

Guest Randy S.
I honestly think the handles on mine are different than anyone elses, or the majority at least

I believe there are two styles of handle. The older, more rounded off ones, and the newer, more v-shaped ones. Both accept the same fastex buckles though, and both will fit on the same set of cables. I have both and use the rounded ones so they don't snag on my ski pants.

Guest Randy S.

Did you remove the sticky film that came with them? They'll look shinier if you do.

:lol:

Guest Hopscotch
I think what you are looking for are the Intec-compatible pants that F2 makes. You snap a strap in the pant into the handle and then you can grab the pant to release.

I've got the F2 "Elias Pant 2" that works this way:

http://www.blue-tomato.at/ProductDetailAction.bto?selectedNode=OIheGAqJWrqPEBWgen8Aie-1

Cheers

/Teddo

Is there anywhere inside the US i can find those pants?