Note to New Members ×

Nitro Snowboards-Need advice

outsider

And they were great but the price was $1000+CND for a Darkhorse and $1000 for a Shogun. A friend of mine has Natural and he said he likes Natural much more than Burton Custom that he uses. I'm sure they are fine Tools.

Btw, did you just buy that Flow Team binding? or you had them before? I need some feed back on that binding because my friend wants one but he is skeptical about the magnesium base plates.

I know it's not your original question-but did you look into Never Summer boards-I hear they are bulletproof

I love my Never Summer Premier. Really a great board. Also, generally low-key, non-obnoxious, non-tacky graphics. Stiff, heavy, damp.

I ride a Nitro GTX and I am very satisifed. It has a particular contruction: regular sidewalls on tip and tail and cap on the edges. The topsheet has very minor delam on the tail because of the aluminium plate. I bought it in 2002 and it still rides well.

I know nothing about Nitro, but I can't imagine why a carver (especially one active here) buying a soft set up would not be looking at Donek, Prior, or Madd?

Derf, the "partial cap" you describe is a manufacturing shortcut. It's easier and cheaper to make a board like that. Probably doesn't negatively affect the ride, but it's not a performance enhancing feature.

I've got a Natural that has about 100 days on it, still has all it's camber and pop. Super light! Excellent customer service as well, I put in a season on one, got a bubble in the topsheet going over monitor pass, and thay sent me a new one of the following year. :cool:

I know nothing about Nitro, but I can't imagine why a carver (especially one active here) buying a soft set up would not be looking at Donek, Prior, or Madd?

I can think of a few reasons, the two primary ones being:

1) You can't walk into a store and demo a Donek, Prior, or Madd, but you can walk into a store and demo an Atomic, Burton, Nitro, Salomon, etc.

2) If a carver is looking for a soft setup, then he's probably not looking for an experience which is identical to what he gets on his hard setup. Given that, how are the three board makers you mentioned any different from a more mainstream board maker?

2) If a carver is looking for a soft setup, then he's probably not looking for an experience which is identical to what he gets on his hard setup.

I highly doubt that would be the case.

Given that, how are the three board makers you mentioned any different from a more mainstream board maker?

Umm, they support what we do...?

That's part of the "us against them," superior, confrontational attitude which has helped to shove carving into the 0% marketshare niche that it currently is.

As shocking as it may sound, there are in fact people who like carving AND going through the park, and are smart enough to realize that hardboots and too-stiff boards aren't always the right tool for the job.

When I am looking at a soft setup I am definitely looking for a different experience than I am with a hard setup.

That being said, my last soft purchase was a Prior (Khyber) ;) But that was because it was the closest shape to a Burton Fish that I could find that didn't have the (really dumb) 3-hole insert pattern.

That's part of the "us against them," superior, confrontational attitude which has helped to shove carving into the 0% marketshare niche that it currently is.

ahem - 1% thank you very much. No, I've got no attitude, I'd just rather scratch the back of the people who are scratching mine.

As shocking as it may sound, there are in fact people who like carving AND going through the park, and are smart enough to realize that hardboots and too-stiff boards aren't always the right tool for the job.

Of course, and Donek, Prior, and Madd make boards to do that. F2, Volkl, and Nidecker too.

1) You can't walk into a store and demo a Donek, Prior, or Madd, but you can walk into a store and demo an Atomic, Burton, Nitro, Salomon, etc.

It depends on your shop. My local alpine shop (I do have one) carries Prior. And I think Sean (Donek) will send you a board to try out free of charge (I've heard but never done it).

I can think of a few reasons, the two primary ones being:

2) If a carver is looking for a soft setup, then he's probably not looking for an experience which is identical to what he gets on his hard setup. Given that, how are the three board makers you mentioned any different from a more mainstream board maker?

the answer to this question is simple: Store employee discount!!! :biggthump

Considering Nitros are made by Volkl, i thi9nk that i can put some trust in thew manufacture. Looks like its going to be a Superateam 55 or 57