Note to New Members ×

Single and Dating someone who Snowboards or Skis

C5 Golfer

Do you buy your girlfriends lift ticket?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Do you buy your girlfriends lift ticket?

• I am not dating anyone who skis or snowboards
    • I am dating someone who skis/snowboards and I pay for hers
    • I am dating someone who skis/snowboards and I do not pay for hers
    • I pay for hers occasionally

Well if you guys want a female rider (even not necessarily a hardbooter), then the other dating services are not likely to yield much. You have to admit, we're a rare find. Just finding a wench who doesn't mind freezing temperatures and getting their hair messed up by helmets is hard enough. One that actually rips is asking for a lot. Damn!

Cigarette fact: Did you know that nine out of ten men who tried Camels preferred women?

Guess I got VERY lucky!

Am married since ’88 :1luvu: and started boarding (hardboots) together with her in’89.

The question if I pay for her tickets is obsolete in our case since we consider our financials as one pool.

Realizing how difficult it must be to find a) a matching partner in gerneral, b) someone who also likes the snow, and c) geez, someone who even rides plates. :eek:

I voted "I pay for hers", but in terms of dating agree with Randy’s first post. At some point there should be some appreciation and effort being made by the date/partner to contribute...

Different in Europe? It has been a while, but as far as I remember, in Europe this would not even be an issue. Most of the time the date would be offended by being invited all the time, unless there would be a major finical imbalance between the two, or some kind of other agreement…

My 2 married cents...

Bernhard, I'm a goofy footed girl and I'd share a T-bar with you anytime. I'd even bet that I'd look okay in a speed suit. :D

My other half and I buy our own discount cards and pay for our own passes when we ski/board. We usually go turn about on the apres drinks and dinner in Banff. I have taken him on the odd surprise weekend somewhere, including a weekend at Panorama.

I went to a party once held by friends of friends, who had met in a lift line. The lift lines at Turoa are very long and Sharon had stepped out and asked the line who earned over $200,000 a year. When she got no takers, she asked about $100,000 a year. Guy stuck up his hand, she skied over and introduced herself, and that was that. Last I heard, they'd been together ten years! (True!)

Hey Bernhard,

I got something for you: Guess what I did for two days on Sölden opening at beginning of November?! ;) And of course I did not pay for her lift ticket, but she was very thankful after two days of training suggestions...

Und: Nein, Du kriegst nicht ihre Telefonnummer!

Best regards

skywalker

well I still would like to share a t-bar lift sometime with a goofy footed girl which is a thing that has been on my mind ever since I started snowboarding in 1993 but it never actually happened I mean I would even buy the lift ticket for goofy footers okay I never tried Cindy's pick up line though

Guest Tim Tuthill

Together for 37 years, first date was Snow Summit. Honeymoon, Sun Valley. She could not believe how steep Baldy is. I had to get her down the easy way. She still skis while I board. So far so good!!! Paying ever since!!!!

There's an option missing...

What about us girls who board with boys?

D and I started out paying our own way, then it became I pay one week, he pays the next. Now that I'm a student again and he's flush he tends to pay more often.

With the hitchin' plannning underway it's all become simple again - we use his card for the points.

beth

I can't remeber the last time i didn't have a season pass. But i never bought guys I was dating lift tickets. I'd halp them get discounts butthat's about it. The way i figured it, if they were really into the sport they'd have mnoney ot buy tickets or a pass. my current bf works at the same mountain as me, so we both have passes.