Note to New Members ×

regular sizes Vs Mondo sizes?

Guest chumlysgrl

Guest chumlysgrl

Ok, I'm sure there have been posts about this before, BUT how do i figure out what my mondo size will be? I wear a womens 71/2 - 8. I am looking for a pair of boots...thanks!

I still recommend going into a ski shop and measuring your feet with more than one boot sizer....

European and mondo sizing is fairly standardized but I wear size 8.5 Nikes and 9 Naturalizers-so which would I use if I converted it myself???

Plus, if you ordering things online, it's better if you know your mondo from a direct measurement, than guessing and facing the potential headache of a long distance return....

Definitely go smaller-my Salomon ski boots are mondo 25.5. My new Deeluxe's are mondo 25 and fit great.....now I just need snow and free time and a well ankle

general rule of thumb...

add the two numbers of the mondo to get your mens shoe size.

for example:

9 US = 27.5 Mondo.

of course then you need to shell fit. and try the smaller size.

2 things to remember: 1. a bootfitter can always the make the boot larger, but never smaller (without sacrificeing performance)

2. the liner will pack out. you want your toes to tickle the front of the boot when standing, and when you flex, they should just come off the front of the boot.

and wear synthetic socks that will slide into the liner. many people will try on boots wearing cotton socks which pull tight, giving the false impression of the boot being too short, and then buy a boot which is too big...

Guest chumlysgrl

Phil, I will definitely look into yours if these don't work. I doubt yours will still be available tho by the time I receive these and get to try them on, since they are on ebay. But I will let you know....thanks

You guys are using 32 as your example, but to my knowledge, 32 has never been listed as a 14 anywhere I look. In the chart that I put up, 31.5 is a 15. I always thought that 32 was a 15. I wear a 15 and can get away with a 31.5 (toyt like a toyga), but a 32 works better. I don't know much about the sizing thing - is it all a loose scale?

Phil, I will definitely look into yours if these don't work. I doubt yours will still be available tho by the time I receive these and get to try them on, since they are on ebay. But I will let you know....thanks

If they don't sell, maybe I will wait to put them back on. Let me know what happens.