Note to New Members ×

Checker Pig on ebay

GeoffV

Yeah, I know. It's just that I can't seem to find anything lol. Looking for a stiffer ~157 board, wider, higher sidecut perfered. Something like a cheap Swoard. I remember boardy mentioning the Checker Pig in his Swoard review, so that's why I asked what you guys about it. My Nitro Range was great for learning HBing on, but it's just simply too soft for me as I want to start pushing hard Gs.

I'm still seriously kicking myself for not getting that Elan Ballistic ~157 that went for ~$50 + shipping on the classified forum last winter. :smashfrea

It went to the NY sitskier though if I'm not mistaken, a good man so I hear, so I guess I'm not too upset. Maybe it didn't work out for him...

Just remembered Rossi made the Alpine version of the old blue & silver Melhuse race boards. Alpine was a wider/freecarve (~21cm?) version of the Race, same construction without the VAS. The originals were blue & silver, sandwich construction 4x4 inserts. Later ones were a red/black satin fabric graphic, went to a little softer cap construction. Both came in 159cm, see 'em on ebay often enough. Might be a cheap "Swordstitute" ?!

I broke out the Checker Pig I have at SES last year. So soft and Old School, I think it was $168 on form I remember saving for one!

I too had Emery Surfs on it at one point, but drilled it for four hole F2s after breaking The surfs and the race kit surfs I replaced them with over and over..

For some one under 130 who is a newbie the board may work. You would have to run very Soft boots and bindings to make it work.

At SES I was rocking Deeluxe Carbons intecs with Deeluxe Indys and the board just folded in the middle every turn.

Funny thing was I don,t think any one noticed.

Hate to keep this going in the classifed forum and all, but what do you guys think of this Swoardish board? The dude said it's early-mid 90s. I smiled when I saw the width and sidecut. :) But wanted you guys take on it before giving him some green.

Burton clickable thumbnails:

th_f2_3.jpg th_ab_3.jpg th_2f_3.jpg th_40_3.jpg

A no-go like the Checker Pig? Or could this be a good catch?

Oh, saw this Rossignol 153cm on eBay. Any comments?

th_rossignol1.jpg th_rossignol3.jpg th_rossignol2.jpg

Thanks,

DrCR