Note to New Members ×

ESES -> SNES 2006 Official Thread

nekdut

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conditions for the event are looking to be AWESOME. There were some worries about spring slush for early April, but storm after storm throughout March (only 5 days so far this month without snow!!) have left Mammoth COLD and covered with tons of snow. The event is approaching quite rapidly so please start posting here if you want to arrange group tickets and/or condo sharing.

As always, let me know if you have any questions! :)

Guest Weatherguy

To All

I can't wait to ride Mammoth. Yvonne(my girlfriend) and I have plans to leave Santa Cruz on Thursday afternoon and return on Sunday or Monday. We may stay in Tahoe on Thursday night and ride there on Friday to break up the drive. Then head to Mammoth on Friday afternoon. Although with 3 drivers I would not be opposed to going straight to Mammoth.

Does anyone know what the drive will be like if there is snow from South Lake or (kirkwood. I've not ventured that way and wondering what the pass is like and how long it may take, best route etc.. I do have 4 wheel drive and don't mind driving in snow. Or should I take the southern route from Santa Cruz? Sonora and Tioga will not be open.

It would be great to hook up for the ride but if not I would definitley like to share accomodations with others. I have not looked into the choices or rates. If anyone has room for a couple that would be great. I think a condo sounds a lot nicer than the Motel 6. I will have one space available in the car as well.

Lee

wow, did you guys check the weather forcast yet, especially the 10 day!

I mean, I like that we have and still get snow, but enough is enough :rolleyes:

Really hope it clears up on time so the snow can settle so we can

CARVE

CARVE

CARVE...

Ray

Ray,

Tell me about it man! I know it is wrong to say this, but I am getting tired of pow!! I want some good firmpack, particularly for next weekend.

I am picking up a bunch of Doneks tomorrow, and Sean tells me I should have a good number of Axxesses available for demo if we do need something for the soft and chunky.

------------------------

EDIT: Looks like the 10 day has changed a bit for next weekend. Lets hope it holds true! :)

Guest Kerry

Weatherguy,

I just got back from June and happened to see your post asking about routes into the Mammoth area from Tahoe. From the CalTrans roadsigns I saw, all passes are closed. It's my guess you'll have to head into Reno then take the 395 south to the Mammoth/June area.

Bump , Plus an offer to host a photo gallery for your event?

Take photos/ videos and send them to me. I can arrange an FTP for visitors and larger files. Someone in the group should understand how to do this?

Wish I could join you. Great mountains!!! Great season.

I may not have the bandwidth for allot of video , however I will do what I can.

Get those digital cameras out and take lots of photos!!!!

Bryan

lookin like more snow snow snow...

I hope it all blows out by thurs and firms up a bit.

never thought Id say that, but I want to ride the WCR darnit!

You may get your wish Dave. The weather models show the storm ending on Wednesday or early Thursday. Lets hope we can CARVE to our heart's delight!

I rode today on 1 day old pow (2ft fell on Fri) and it was fairly chunky bumpy throughout, however I still had a great time. The temperatures stayed reasonable and the snow quality was quite good. Tried out the Donek Pilot 172. I think I'm too heavy for that board, washed out when I really pushed it, and it didn't like it when I agressively initiated turns on the nose. However it was a pretty easy and relaxing ride in general, and it might real well for someone less than 150lbs.

Guest Weatherguy

Looking for floor space, pullot or bedroom in condo or house for 2 people in Mammoth for the SNES. Looking to split costs. My snowboarding budget is running low due to 6 straight weekends in Tahoe. Damn snow just won't stop.

Lee

Guest Tim Tuthill

Neil: I hope it clears for you guys! Just checked the 10 day forcast, shows snow all weekend for you guys. I hope the WX guys are wrong!!! I'm off to so cal to help my wife with here dad, BUMMER!! Will get to Mammoth the last half of the month. Do keep Dave from touching the snow and make sure Brian keeps the 197 Burner under control. Have fun!!!

Dave, we would not be tuning boards on the vices. Just installing bindings and such. I just want something stable to put the boards on.

Don't worry about it if yours aren't up to the task :)

I think they would be. and they're the clamp kind so sawhorses would work.

Does anyone have an extra set of board vices? I am going to bring my one pair, but an extra would come in handy for the weekend.

Any T-handle 5mm allen wrenches would also be really useful.

Neil,

I have a set of board vices I can bring along. I don't own a t-handle but if I get around to buying one before then I will bring it.

Randy

Randy,

From counting the interest in this thread, I think there are a total of 13 people who need tickets. Anyone else? Speak up real soon please.

------------

On a side note, today Mammoth just broke its all time record for snowfall in a season (for as long as they have been recording it at least). Lets hope it lets up a bit for the weekend, but bring the longboards, swallowtails, Fishes, and AM boards along just in case! I'll have a handful of Donek Axxesses and Madd BX, Freestyle/Freeride boards if need be.

Mammoth will be open until, or past, Independence Day this year! Who's up for some real summer carving!

Well i'll be packing the a board for all conditions just in case but I sure hope we can get in some good carving.

Last year I went to Mammoth on the 4th of July weekend. We stayed at the camp ground, went mountain biking one day and snowboarding the next!