Note to New Members ×

Raichle 225 - 22-24.5 Shell w. New Size 23Thermoflex Liner + 3 tongues - $60

jhcolman

Hi All:

I have a Raichle 225 hardboot with a 261 mm shell. The upper

part of the shell is a mondo 22 to 24.5. We bought the boot about 3 years ago. The boot retailed for about $250 US at the time. Now sells for $150 US.

Last year (2004), we added an HPD 23 thermofit liner, which was thermofit once. We bought the liner from Bomber for about $140. The Thermofit liner can be remolded alteast 4 more times and will provide the rider with a nice tight fit. It is very good condition and is worth the $50 US price alone.

The boot comes with 3 boot tongues, including a soft mauve tongue that we bought separately, as well as yellow (medium) and red (hard) flex tongues. These tongues retail for some $12 each.

The boot is in good but well used condition. The exterior bottom sole ofcourse shows wear and there are some scratches on the outside shell. The 5 position boot flex lever (on the rear of one of the boots) had loosened, but the judicious application of some duct tape around the knob (on which the lever fastens) tightened things up, such that the lever closes and holds fine. The adjustable cant mechanisms and the boot buckles work fine.

This is a great boot for a young beginning hardbooter. It has lots of flex, which is key for young light weight riders. Many folks will buy a boot that is too stiff, which a young rider cannot flex.

The total price for the Raichle SB225 Boot, the Deeluxe Thermofit Liners and the 3 Tongues is $50. Please let me know ASAP. I would rather sell this boot to the Bomber community. After that, it goes on ebay.

Regards

Julian

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All:

Just want to see these boots on a rider who can benefit from them:

- includes 3 tongues (soft, medium and hard), worth some $40

- 2004 Thermofit liner (provides better fit, extra boot fit life), bought for $140

- boots still in decent condition, that now sell for $150 + US

Surely someone can use all this for $50 !!!

Let me know.

Regards

Julian

Julian, prospective buyers will probably find the size of the *lower* part of the shell more meaningful than the upper part. To find it, remove the liner, and look insdie the shell, just above the outside cant mechanism (that's right side on a right boot, left side on a left boot). It should be printed there and cover one full size, e.g. 23-23.5.

Actually, I'm pretty sure your shells are 23-23.5, based on the 261mm sole length - my wife's are 23's and I vaguely remember them being the same. But if they're actually 22 - 22.5, I'll take 'em for $50.

• 5 weeks later...

Hi All:

Posted a while ago on Bomber. Boots still for sale.

SB225's size 23-23.5.

For $50 you get the boots (3 years old), a one year new thermofit liner, the original liner + 3 tongues. I just want these to go to a new home, hopefully a new hardbooter. Good condition. And Bomber has lots of replacement parts, if you ever need them.

But lots of interest and no takers. So I had to put it on ebay. It's there if you want it. Openning bid $35 or "buy it now" for $49. Just search for auctions by JHC2.

In the mean time, my son's waiting desperately for snow, so he can ride his new Coiler and Suzuka boots. When you race, you get all the great gear. Us Dads just get hand me ups. Hope he grows!

Regards

Julian