Note to New Members ×

Getting Insoles...what size?

DrCR

My feet are 26.7cm. Looking at getting some Superfeet "Wintergreens"...do I get size mondo27?

Also, I had zero toe room last year in my Indy 26s. But I fitted them myself so perhaps I did a poor job. Anyway, my toes killed last year and I don't want that again -- Is is resonable for me to get my 26.7cm feet + Superfeet insole in an Indy mondo 26 and have toe room too? Or should I look to trade with someone with some Indy 27s?

Thanks for the advise.

Dan

Last season I bought a pair of mondo 28 suzukas. After attempting to heat them myself(unsuccesfully) I went to see Larry the bootfitter. Since I heated the liners already, I now owned the boots. Larry informed me that they were to big, eventhough I measured a 28. I got lucky and traded for 27's over the summer(thanks heatzig). Anyway, I paid Larry the bootfitter

another visit yesterday, and those one size too small boots now fit just fine :biggthump

5 weeks and counting,

mario

Larry rocks!!!

^ Ah, OK, I see. You can 'pack out' a liner but you can't make it any thicker. Thanks for the advice! :biggthump

Anyone know of a list somewhere of recommended shops for HB fitting? Maybe Alpine Carving has one....

As for the insoles, I got the impression (no pun intended) the Wintergreens were a pretty good choice for non-customs. As for custom, I just simply don't have the green for that right now, esp. with only ~half a week of riding planned for this year.

Edit: Oh, I do get size27 insoles though, I would assume, correct?

the starting gate right next to stratton, they carry deeluxe and head boots as well so you know they have worked with that liner.

Honestly I think that proper fitting of the liner and insole make more of a difference than the brand or type of insoles and liners

ohh and also when you fitted the liners did you use a toe cap?

if not or if you made one on your own perhaps it was not bulky enough or the liner was not hot enough, there are a few variables but if done properly the thermoflex liners should pack down to about 1/8 inch so in theory you could make a shell with very little extra room work with those liners.

Yeah, that's the major bummer for me...I'm on the southeast side of things. 'Up' in WV is where I do most of my boarding. Heading to Mt.Hood this year since I have a friend out there who invited me to come over, but apparently there are no fitters in that area, according to a BOL HBer I conversed with once.

I do have an old school friend up in VM though...maybe I should invite myself over for an early season trip. :eplus2:

Yeah, I did try making a toe cap. I made sure I did my research before trying it myself. But the only material I had on hand at the time was some plastic foam (light, open-cell) from a hard-drive box (I'm also an IT-Techy) and that stuff compresses easily. Not at all like some nice rubbery closed-cell neoprene material or something. It served inadequately, to be sure.