Note to New Members ×

missoula

CarvCanada

can't decide! bozeman looks tempting too, and they have a program called "snow science" that focuses a lot on avalanches and leads to avalanche work. Organic Chemistry just is not working for me here in Montreal. Hey at least McGill placed top 10 in playboy's list of best party universities. ( i haven't even seen a rez, let alone even drank since university started) I wonder where University of Alaska Anchorage placed :)

can't decide! bozeman looks tempting too, and they have a program called "snow science" that focuses a lot on avalanches and leads to avalanche work. Organic Chemistry just is not working for me here in Montreal. Hey at least McGill placed top 10 in playboy's list of best party universities. ( i haven't even seen a rez, let alone even drank since university started) I wonder where University of Alaska Anchorage placed :)

That program looks really interesting, I was wondering where they offered something like this. As long as I have time to bring back your DVD before you go :freak3:

Derf check this out! It's in Quebec! You could fool someone into thinking it's Utah

e7xglz.jpg

e7xh5c.jpg

too bad it's so hard to get to, the only options (if you dont drive a stinky ass snowmobile) are to get snowmobiled in by guides for 225$ a day! or to splitboard, which I don't have,and can't justify paying 1200$ unless I lived right near there

"inversion layers happen in all mountainous areas. seen em in SoCal too. cloudy and weird down, and sunny and perfect up."

I have never seen fog or inversions like Montana. The first month I was at Big Mountain ( a little north of Misssoula) I never once saw the valley floor from the mountain. Not once. You could see the peaks of Glacier Park a lot. But Whitefish 7-8 miles away - not visible until January of that year.

So I don't think Cali has the same type of weather that Mt does around inversions. And quite often during that time the fog on top was so bad that I didn't know I was falling until I would hit the ground. Great mountain once i learned to navigate without the aid of visual references that were further away than ten feet.

Best,

Jerry

• 2 weeks later...