Note to New Members ×

Best shipping method for a board?

AaronG

• Jack M changed the title to Best shipping method for a board?
  • 1 month later...
On 4/28/2024 at 10:42 PM, dredman said:

I use Pirate Ship and they figure it out. https://www.pirateship.com

Has it been successful in getting fairly low rates?
What was the longest board you have sent?

I always used FedEx and it has been quite successful and liked their rates (not cheap but not a robbery either) as I got denied from USPS and UPS due to length of the package/board.

Edited by yamifumi

On 6/18/2024 at 10:19 AM, slopestar said:

USPS Priority Mail- Burrito Wrap. Cheapest and fastest. Usually, $40 or less in CONUS

When was the last time you shipped a board?  I shipped one recently via USPS and it was $90.  I re-used a board box, but still, it was CONUS.

1 hour ago, Jack M said:

When was the last time you shipped a board?  I shipped one recently via USPS and it was $90.  I re-used a board box, but still, it was CONUS.

2 months ago I shipped a 165BX- from CO to CA it was $33

Edited by slopestar
  • Rock on! 1
  • Wow 1

8 hours ago, Jack M said:

I haven't shipped in a while, so prices may have gone up that far.  But one thing to check is whether the dimensions were over the threshold where an oversize surcharge kicks in.  After entering length, width and height in the shipping cost calculator, try reducing one or more of those by just one or two inches.  You might be able to take some time to trim down the re-used box to get the cost below that oversize threshold.  That's where the burrito wrap helps as it minimizes the package dimensions.

3 hours ago, Wolf said:

You might be able to take some time to trim down the re-used box to get the cost below that oversize threshold.  That's where the burrito wrap helps as it minimizes the package dimensions.

And hand the tail of the board first as it's thinner when they're measuring it. 😁

• Love 1
  • LOL 1
  • Rock on! 1

On 6/19/2024 at 9:44 AM, slopestar said:

2 months ago I shipped a 165BX- from CO to CA it was $33

That sounds about what I paid a couple of years ago from Colorado to Oregon.