Note to New Members ×

way way OT: another reason to have a dog

bobdea

so today I am tying some flies, madam X hoppers to be exact, so I run out of deer hair and earlier I was thinking I wanted to tie some small black hoppers so I have a half way decent cricket imitation.

As I am clipping the last bit of deer hair I realize as usual I have Bear (chow/lab mix) at my feet we usually give him a hair cut in the summer but this summer we have not.

well, I just started and have two very nice crickets to show for it :D

Thats a great idea. I have two dogs also, and pondered whether I should trim them or not. My one dog would make great leach or minnow patterns. and the other is a short hair. On another note, The in-laws are here and my wife and I got away for the day together with no kid. We walked into a remote lake with our float tubes and had a great time. There were some flying ants on the surface that the trout were going crazy for. We tied on some dry flies and practically got a hit every cast. Most of the fish were between 12 and 16 inches. It made for a great day and a good meal at the end.