Note to New Members ×

water skiing near boston in 1.5 hours

~tb

~tb, man I coulda used a session yesterday after a very hectic day. Let's coordinate soon. Summer is fading fast but I've got rubber thick enuf for November ice water sessions.Cape was da bomb saturday and sunday. My homey "Crazy Tom" got his first rides EVER and he was SO Psyched .SAw Gilmour on Friday on Newbury St. - Sam Elliot hairdo is gone and he looks like the same old JG again. Good schtuff !

post-123-14184220492_thumb.jpg

if you are intersted in being added to the "thirds" list and available after work/school, drop me an e-mail with all your contact information. We go about 3 nights a week starting at 4:30. Calls would go out at about 2:30 . . . and you would need your own transportation to marlborough.

-Todd

brownt@alum.rpi.edu

• 1 month later...

But fine for my 5.5 sail and 100 liter board!

Screwing off work and headin to kalmus! Yeah baby YEAH!

NANTUCKET SOUND-VINEYARD SOUND-BUZZARDS BAY-RHODE ISLAND SOUND-

BLOCK ISLAND SOUND-

339 PM EDT MON SEP 19 2005

SMALL CRAFT ADVISORY REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM TUESDAY AFTERNOON

TUE

SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT. SEAS 2 TO 4 FT.

A CHANCE OF SHOWERS AND TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON.

TUE NIGHT

SW WINDS 15 TO 20 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 25 KT...BECOMING

W 10 TO 15 KT AFTER MIDNIGHT. SEAS 3 TO 5 FT.

any night that im around and we can get a couple people out. This week or next week. Only important part is that sun down is 7:00 so we need to start NO later than 5:00 PM

I've taught about a dozen beginners this year, including one last night. . . .can do it again.

~tb

Ais, sounds like a photo op. I'll try to coordinate a ride out to Mboro.We WILL be takin' pics and I'll only post them here with your permission. Getting up on 2 skiis is pretty easy and it'll be almost as fun as Six Flags. Off to the cape for..... MORE WIND ! :ices_ange

Got a googlemap location for the skiing trip?

Willy,

what kind of kite quiver would i need for the next month or so at the cape?

i'm ~200 now and itching to play out there. Think you could give a beginner the tour sometime?

Johann, check out http://www.kitesite.net/ and click on TD2 October 8,9 and wind dependent on which beach.Call Phil at the shop and he can set you up, tell him you know me and you'll prob get a better deal(just don't mention Best Kites with him)Also, http://www.kitefortaleza.com.br/# is a good one.http://www.hotelgolfinho.com.br/ is good too.Wish I could do some wakeboarding with ya Todd, it just keeps getting windy.

post-123-141842205411_thumb.jpg

Saturday morning for strongest NE potential. Light Sun AM, with modest SSW build PM. Monday AM stronger SW, diminishing and veering to NW through the PM.

Into a classic autumn sequence of progressive frontal passages, with no real changes to timing on this morning's model solutions. Post cold frontal NE winds on Saturday, with lighter high pressure transition on Sunday morning. By Sunday afternoon, warmer SW increases filter in ahead of the next cold front, due to push off to the east through Monday.

Saturday:

Cold front now a long way offshore to the southeast, and our weather becomes dominated by intense high pressure to the northwest. This cool pool of Canadian air tightens the isobars across New England resulting in some respectable morning NE flow. Cape Cod seeing the strongest conditions with builds into the low to spotty mid twenties through mid morning. MA N Shore and Rhode Island to upper teens and spotty low twenties. CT sees more of an ENE direction to mid and upper teens, with stronger surges offshore. However, watch for winds to diminish through early afternoon as high pressure builds in from the northwest, and pressure gradients relax.

Sunday:

High pressure ridge axis from Nova Scotia to NYC through the morning hours, so winds remain very light. However, into the afternoon High pressure slips further eastward as the next cold front approaches New England from the northwest. Afternoon S and SW builds to mid and upper teens. Strongest fpr Cape Cod and Rhode Island Coast through mid to late afternoon. Timing remains key however, so could easily change.

Monday:

Monday sees the cold frontal passage. Morning SW flow appears to be the strongest potential if we hold current timing. Cape Cod and RI to low twenties, but dropping out through afternoon as frontal boundary encroaches, although latest models hold SW flow a little longer. Cloud and showers a possibility. May see gusty NW filling in late if everything happens more rapidly than models suggest.

post-123-141842205421_thumb.jpg