Note to New Members ×

Small softboot carving bindings?

Cthulhufish

As the title says, I'm looking for softboot carving bindings that fit small boots (24MP). I keep picking bindings then finding out they don't make them small enough...

I have a pair of Burton X Bases which I'm considering replacing. Thus far, the top end stiffest bindings I've found which can fit my boots are the Union Atlas FC, Ride A10, Flux XV, and Flow NX2-Carbon Fusion.

Anything I'm missing? What do people like/recommend?

Nidecker Kaon-CX comes to mind. I have the L-size for my 27MP and the boot hardly fits to the heelcup. It's so tight fit with sharp edges (where highback touches the boot) that my boots got damaged. I had to modify the bindings to make the boot fit better. L-size is supposed to fit 26-29.5. The baseplate seems more true to size.

That got me thinking maybe the M-size could work for you. It should fit 22.5-26.6 range. Beware of that sharp highback heelcup edge though and maybe round it a bit if you get that binding.

https://www.nidecker.com/en/bindings/55-kaon-cx.html#size-chart

• Like 1

I wear 24 on hardboots, 25 soft. I use Union Atlas FC smalls. They are a great binding. Not great if you need to rotate highbacks however. I ride 12/3 angles on a 26cm waist board, no bootout.

Edited by Odd Job
  • Like 1

Lucky you- having to wear size 29 boots is a drag, literally.  The A-10's are a great carving binding, but I will say that they are really no stiffer than my A-9's, so unless you are a heavy beast, you may not notice the difference and save some money.  The Flow's are definitely stiffer than either of the Rides, especially the fusion strap version.  The Flow's are picky on sizing and boot volume though- not all boots of the same size fit the same way.  A medium would be the safe bet, but you might get lucky and fit into a small.  

• Like 1

I recommend the Flux XF or Flux CV, I have used both before and Flux makes an xs size for the XF. The Flux CV is explicitly created for carving and has a higher-heel cup. I also have two pairs of Flux XV from different years, responsiveness is amazing but is way too stiff for a full day of riding.