Note to New Members ร—

๐Ÿ™‚ Tell me the tuner at the local hill doesnt do hardboot set ups often...

Ekuhn

...without telling me that the tuner at the local hill doesn't do hardboot setups often...

The shot isn't of the full board- but I am regular, and the nose is pointing up... ย 

I took a couple of boards in, including this one, for an early season stone ground (they had to remove bindings), and got it back like this. LOLย 

IMG_7440.jpeg.e947b0481b7354641192316045ac7989.jpeg

• Haha 2

I was a service tech at my local hill (actually how I got introduced to hardboots). My boss had a Prior WCRM and we had old Burton Amps and Speeds for me to learn on (both riding and setups). Was always excited when a hardboot customer came in (not many in NS), and always treated their gear with extra care (took reference pictures of the setups, noted angles and stance widths, etc.).

All I can say to this though, is they triedย ๐Ÿ˜…ย but hopefully it became a learning experience for them!

• Thanks 1

I took one in for a stone grind and he used indelible ink to mark where the bindings went.ย  He told me he always used an ink pen.ย  I asked if he had ever heard of tape.

I had strong words with him.

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, dhamann said:

Guys gals or otherwise, remove bindings when dropping off for a tune.ย 

I also take off the stomp pad when they do a base grind...it causes the board to "hitch" when passing through the machine leaving a mark on the base...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dhamann said:

Guys gals or otherwise, remove bindings when dropping off for a tune. Funny stuff though. Toe clips? Must be backcountry.ย 

I assumed incorrectly that he had a binding bridge.ย  I'd worked in a repair shop and though it was a standard piece of equipment.

• Like 1

I went back and told him (and showed him after I remounted). We both got a chuckle out of it. He was super apologetic. And yeah, I would normally take off the bindings- but I was feeling lazy.ย 
The good news is he did a nice job on the base and I was going to tweak my stance a little anyway (gotta make lemonadeย ๐Ÿ™‚ )

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ha! This was my splitboard two days ago. I got distracted chatting during the transition back to ride mode and didn't notice until after I clipped in that I installed the bindings to the pucks with the board reversed.ย 

With this setup, it's probably easier to carve switch! ๐Ÿคช