Note to New Members ×

longboarding w/ a snow helmet

FTA2R

does anyone see a problem lb'ing with my carving helmet (boeri, covers the ears, at least 3 seasons old, no major impacts but def. some hard falls).

i was told this may actually offer more protection. it's certainly hotter.

===

Barry

does anyone see a problem lb'ing with my carving helmet (boeri, covers the ears, at least 3 seasons old, no major impacts but def. some hard falls).

===

Barry

I'm not a helmet expert... but I think it's probably decent protection. The standard skateboard helmets are much more cheaply made and designed to be "one-crash" helmets - I think part of the issue is that they use thinner styrofoam to keep skaters from overheating in the summer. There might be a slight difference between the designs because there are studies that show a more slippery outer shell helps diffuse a road impact... but I think that's *probably* not much of a difference... I say go for it if you can stand the heat.

===

Barry

The only difference between my Protec Skate helmet and my Wife's Protec Snowboard helmet are the earflaps, ventilation and lining. Snow helmets will be warmer which doesn't matter it you are in the mountains however skating in Guam or even at Bondi last month there is no way I would wear a winter helmet...I sweat too much when I skate for full coverage. However in the winter I do use my Snowboard helmet to skate and bike ride in. When my Boeri dies I'm gonna pick up a Snowboard Protec for me I just like the way it feels.