Note to New Members ×

Any Roadbike Riders Here Using Cycliq Fly 6 Rear Camera/Light??

barryj

Yes,  I know it's winter but I'm on the AIL sidelines until March!.......so I got Waay Too Much Time on my hands to think about stuff!

So for motivation to get me through the next 2 months of PT (at least that's what I told the wife :eplus2:) I bought a new road bike and in setting it up for riding next spring I've been thinking of getting a rear facing camera.....you know, for safety, just in case!   I ride most every day and average 150+/- mile per week 6 months of the year.......So S--- Is Bound To Happen Eventually!

There's not a ton of options but the Fly 6 is one of the more popular models and just wondering  if anybody here is or has used one???

https://cycliq.com/bike-cameras/fly6ce/

I've got both a first gen and 2nd gen Fly6.  Relatively old now but decent image at 720p.  Not sure if they've improved since. 

I bought the first one after an interaction with a police officer who passed me on a two lane road at same time as oncoming traffic.  Scared the crap out of me and he did it on purpose.  I wanted proof of what occurred.  (the police offer declined to participate in the 'voluntary' Office of the Independent Police Review Director (OIPRD) process we have here)

I don't ride as much road as mtb these days, but make sure to have one on the bike when I go out.  

Came in handy earlier this year as I was able to identify the driver of the hot rod in the pic below.  Some internet sleuthing by friends identified the two vehicles as father and son (multi-color S-15 pickup) and I got ahold of the son on Facebook...  "hi Jared, wondering if you could have a word with your dad about buzzing me on Galetta Side Rd a week ago Sunday morning. There was lots of room on the road, no traffic etc. I appreciate you giving us the space but your dad flipped us the bird as he went by..."

So, they work.  

355137505_584970657053846_7217723691117623198_n.png

355503715_972397767133073_6390337154564068710_n.png

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, slabber said:

2nd gen Fly6

Thanks there Slab,  glad to hear a 1st person testimonial!          Yeah they say their up to the 3rd Gen on the Fly 6 now......you know, faster, lighter, tougher, etc....

Currently 10% off of  $239 Fly 6 price is sort of tempting....but I'm in no hurry!

Stay safe out there! 

• Like 1

https://www.9news.com/article/news/crime/cyclists-injured-hit-and-run-golden/73-f636745d-9c5f-4dc0-b4af-6fe3d9afe6c3

This kind of BS has been getting more frequent road cycling. Also bike paths are no longer safe with e-bike collisions and such.

The video helps with forcing the local pigs to actually do some work. Also helps in court for suing the ****er for a 2nd retirement condo.

I would get one myself, but I am likely going to step away from road biking for next summer. Too many close calls.

Edited by Odd Job
  • Like 1