Note to New Members ×

New Utah Ski Resort Could Have Ban On Snowboarders

Pat Donnelly

Thanks.  10 minutes from the house and each time I drive by, I drool at the trails.  Then I laugh because you can see where some snowboarders hiked and poached them.  Daughter put a Deer Valley sticker on her board just to mess with people’s minds :)

• 4 months later...
On 3/27/2023 at 9:09 AM, CB Utah said:

Thanks.  10 minutes from the house and each time I drive by, I drool at the trails.  Then I laugh because you can see where some snowboarders hiked and poached them.  Daughter put a Deer Valley sticker on her board just to mess with people’s minds 🙂

Also now about 10 min away (moved here from CO).  Hope to find the local group of carvers (if there is one here) to ride with this winter at PCMR.  I ski as well so maybe will get a DV pass one day but their pricing is a bit steep, especially if I can't ever snowboard there.  

It's weird that the MIDA grant they used for development allows them to exclude such a large group of snowsports enthusiasts. 

Edited by kitejumping

• 1 month later...